DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor issue

Murraymintmavic

Reactions
Hi guys, I haven't been on the forum for a couple of years now so forgive me if this has been brought up before.

So last weekend I took out my Mavic pro that has been gathering dust for over 12 months. It went away in full working order with no crashes.
I took it all out of the flight case and firstly charged everything which was all good. I then stupidly without trying the drone first updated both craft and controller.

All went fine with that too, thennnnnnnn the big launch, went to take off and I got a "Motor or propeller error, check motors or propellers"

Tried it a number of times and still the same. Spun motors and all free without any noise or roughness.

Refreshed firmware with no change.

Tested with dji assistant in developer mode and checked all 4 motors, no 4 motor basically didn't really spin and sounded awful. At this point I thought off its a dead motor then, maybe it got wet or something before I stored it, so I bought a replacement one.

Fitted the replacement and it's exactly the same.

As mentioned the Drone was perfect when it went into hibernation but now its a paperweight.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Worth trying the old firmware again to eliminate that as the problem. Seems motor ESC is messing up for some reason (firmware or board). Hopefully others have had a similar problem and can help. Most here advise against firmware updates. I do them occasionally, but only if having a problem. Often the old firmware works best. Trial and error. GL

Ok ill take a look at rolling back the firmware. It updated it to the latest I believe, does it allow you to roll back??

Ok so I just downgrade to 1.04.0100 and the issue still remains. Did the video if the issue pop up in my first post??

Ok so I just downgrade to 1.04.0100 and the issue still remains. Did the video if the issue pop up in my first post??
No video in first post. Was hoping someone else would join with a solution for you. You tried the simplest one. Haven’t been inside the mp to advise. Seems the ESC isn’t a cheap or a simple repair either from reading older replies on the subject. Use the ‘search’ above for previous ones.

If you are receiving ESC status errors. Soft ware glitches may be the reason for errors.
To get rid of ESC errors, a simple restart of the aircraft will clear the error, other times a firmware update refresh will do the trick. Do not have any more answers for you. Other then do a search on the glass icon upper right hand corner .Maybe some one else had the same problem back a few years and fixed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3