DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor speed error on Mavic mini. Only 2 flights in. Please help!!

I got the same today it's to do with the new firmware update as I only done it and then this happens

The discussion in this thread explains the causes and the options:

On my first flight with the update I got that warning, changed rear props and issue solved. I really looked closely and could see nothing wrong with props, but I changed and it flew beautifully after that through a battery snd a half. Warning came shortly after starting first flight sfter update..???

On my 2nd flight I started getting the error message. I’m confused because some people say to change rear props and some people say the case is bending the props when it closes.

I started getting motor errors directly after the latest updates. There appears to be more going on here then just prop issues. The initial poster for this thread only had 2 flights and got the motor error warning. If this is a prop issue how bout DJI design and come out with replacement props. I store my mini in the case correctly and up until the update had no motor issues at all. It does not happen every flight, if the props were that malformed or flattened this issue would most likely happen with every flight. It may only happen 1 out of 3 or 4 flights, when it does happen if I land and re-launch it's fine and flys fine without error. Why no official word from DJI on this and other issues. Looking more and more like the users is this forum are the customer support and technical support team for DJI. Does anyone know if DJI has come out with any official explanation, and if not, why not. Seems to be complete silence on DJI's part regarding the motor errors and the descent issue. It is a great little quad, but I would expect a little more support on these types of issues from one of the largest drone manufactuer's in the world

Last edited:
Finally a notification release from DJI. That's is exactly how I have been storing my props with the mini, inspected my props and they look good, maybe caused by stress in flight.

To ensure a safe and enjoyable flying experience, we have added a new safety notification feature on the Mavic Mini in the latest v01.00.0500 firmware. This new feature lets customers know when propellers need to be inspected or replaced.
194921wjeu5c4555ltjtht.png

【Potential Notification】 While operating their Mavic Mini, some customers may receive a notification on the DJI Fly app with the message “Motor Speed Error”

【Reason for notification】When the propellers are bent or damaged, the aircraft propulsion may be reduced and not perform as intended. The new Mavic Mini propeller safety inspection feature is capable of detecting this and sending a notification to the pilot with a “Motor Speed Error” message.

【Resolving the error notification】Please land the aircraft as soon as possible and check if the corresponding propellers are visibly damaged, bent, chipped. If the propellers are slightly misshapen, can straighten them out and retest to ensure the issue has been resolved. If the propellers show signs of major damage, chipped or bent, please replace them before flying.

Note: To help prevent this from occurring, pilots should follow the proper storage procedure for the aircraft. For reference, please refer to the image below. Please notice the placement of the rear arm propellers. Make sure the propellers are folded horizontally so that they are not pressed down upon during transportation. Pilots are also recommended to check the aircraft propellers before every flight.
194752jsu1fxlf15yfzyxa.png

Finally a notification release from DJI. That's is exactly how I have been storing my props with the mini, inspected my props and they look good, maybe caused by stress in flight.

To ensure a safe and enjoyable flying experience, we have added a new safety notification feature on the Mavic Mini in the latest v01.00.0500 firmware. This new feature lets customers know when propellers need to be inspected or replaced.
194921wjeu5c4555ltjtht.png

【Potential Notification】 While operating their Mavic Mini, some customers may receive a notification on the DJI Fly app with the message “Motor Speed Error”

【Reason for notification】When the propellers are bent or damaged, the aircraft propulsion may be reduced and not perform as intended. The new Mavic Mini propeller safety inspection feature is capable of detecting this and sending a notification to the pilot with a “Motor Speed Error” message.

【Resolving the error notification】Please land the aircraft as soon as possible and check if the corresponding propellers are visibly damaged, bent, chipped. If the propellers are slightly misshapen, can straighten them out and retest to ensure the issue has been resolved. If the propellers show signs of major damage, chipped or bent, please replace them before flying.

Note: To help prevent this from occurring, pilots should follow the proper storage procedure for the aircraft. For reference, please refer to the image below. Please notice the placement of the rear arm propellers. Make sure the propellers are folded horizontally so that they are not pressed down upon during transportation. Pilots are also recommended to check the aircraft propellers before every flight.
194752jsu1fxlf15yfzyxa.png

Interesting that they did acknowledge the problem that was diagnosed and explained here a couple of months ago. However, as you noted, even with correct storage this may be an issue, especially after extended use in sport mode. These props are just too floppy.

Reactions: lobstaman
Since DJI acknowledges an issue with the props, and as sar104 noted that "even with correct storage this could be an issue", maybe DJI could re-design the props for the mini to make them more robust. I can tell you I store my mini with the props stored exactly as noted in the diagram and never hade stabilization issues, no control issues, now all of a sudden with new firmware I'm getting errors even through the props have had little use and upon careful examination they look exactly the same on all 4 arms. Also is this DJI testing that discovered this or did they just take the research from others on this and other forums that have been knee deep in these issues. just a thought

Dear Colleagues,

Is there any development about this subject?
Would it be more advisable to buy other type of propellers on the market?
Does the propeller protection helps to avoid this problem?

Thank you very much!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian