DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motors sound rough at idle

Oakley75

Reactions
Running the motors on MA2 produces some rough-sounding sounds at idle with props off. Like a gravel sound. Never heard motors sound like this in any other dji drone, kinda spooky.

What does everyone else's sounds like at idle without props on? Maybe mines defective.

Yeah sorry I won't be able to help with that experiment.

That's a thought, but this is straight out of the box unflown. Seems like two motors make sound. I've been around since DJI's beginning, this is a new one to me. Why just the Air2?

It is perfectly safe to turn the motors on for a few seconds at idle speed without props. No worries

My M2P goes Veeeeee.... and the sound is very steady. I am pretty sure all brushless motors sound like that

Exactly. So i guess this one needs to go back. Sigh. Just making sure everyone's didn't sound like this. Thanks

Running a real engine without out a club reduces it instantly to garbage but I would think you should be able to rotate these by thumb on forefinger and feel any damage.

This is a real engine, it is small and electric.

The electrical engines are controlled by other means than the actual load, although under load that mechanism and depending on the application may also control so that the engine keep the same speed.

If there are no load on the engine the speed will not be greater than the speed the input "tells it to have".

It would merely spin easier and draw less amp from the battery.

I know but you should be able to find one motor has a glitch. I don't think it would take a safe cracker to feel the difference..I'm sure not all four could be making the same noise or..if they are I would say that's normal..right?\
You don't have a bent shaft do you? I've never run my drones without the prop but I've spun a few out of the box

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin