DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio bracket for the r c

You might be able to get 1 3D printed cheap

Sources on etsy and ebay in the states that ship worldwide, but not sure about UK based.

Yeah but £28 + for a piece of plastic !!

Not much else available at the moment, I guess a 3d printer costs a fair bit.

I'd get some sort of holder the control unit is not that sturdy

Epson is now including a really nice 2 piece bracket for the Mavic controller. Perhaps you could purchase from them instead of Ebay? The Epson version is not 3D printed, so the quality is excellent.

Well had a go at making a bracket and turned out ok see pics20180109_210254.jpg 20180109_210139.jpg 20180109_210216.jpg

Looks good, I like it. Last picture looks like something from the bat cave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Croc End
I use the two piece mount which I think was from Shapeways. (similar to the now included Moverio mount) I wrap a 7cm strip of velcro around the centre rib of the two halves when joined together. Insert the Moverio controller in and there is enough 'give' with the velcro binding allowing you to separate the rear posts of the holder to click the controller in place.
IMG_5773.JPG
IMG_9474.JPG

Reactions: mreloc
I use the two piece mount which I think was from Shapeways. (similar to the now included Moverio mount) I wrap a 7cm strip of velcro around the centre rib of the two halves when joined together. Insert the Moverio controller in and there is enough 'give' with the velcro binding allowing you to separate the rear posts of the holder to click the controller in place.
View attachment 28732
View attachment 28733

Great idea using the velcro, will definitely help with the stability of the two piece

For me the problem was the centering of the holder, the movement allowed by the controller jaws and the lack of positioning by the holder design meant that any small movement opened the holder a bit, it just did not feel secure.

The top of the one piece I got has been designed to fit and mirror the bottom of the controller so it doesn't move at all, it locks in, even if the controller jaws move and flex

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Epson is now including a really nice 2 piece bracket for the Mavic controller. Perhaps you could purchase from them instead of Ebay? The Epson version is not 3D printed, so the quality is excellent.
Is this correct? If I order directly from Epson, the two-piece Mavic mount will come with it?
Edit: I just checked with both the Epson store and B&H Photo. Both said this was a limited-time promotion that has ended.

Last edited:
Is this correct? If I order directly from Epson, the two-piece Mavic mount will come with it?
Edit: I just checked with both the Epson store and B&H Photo. Both said this was a limited-time promotion that has ended.
I purchased through Amazon, and it came with it. Maybe older stock? Too bad if it's done, as it is very well made.

Reactions: RolandW
Out of the 3 holders I have for the BT-300 , the one piece is definitely has the most secure and protective cradle as it doesn't flex

The two piece units aren't as secure and tend to flex and open allowing the CS to slip out every now and then

I bought this unit and the Moverio unit snaps in nicely; however, it also covers up the USB opening at the bottom of the Mavic Pro controller, so I have no way of connecting the Mavic Pro controller to the Moverio unit. The USB cables supplied by DJI are too short.

How did you do your connections? Only solution I see is a USB micro A to USB micro B cable, and I don't know if that's available.

jgn

I bought this unit and the Moverio unit snaps in nicely; however, it also covers up the USB opening at the bottom of the Mavic Pro controller, so I have no way of connecting the Mavic Pro controller to the Moverio unit. The USB cables supplied by DJI are too short.

How did you do your connections? Only solution I see is a USB micro A to USB micro B cable, and I don't know if that's available.

jgn
I use the unit that came with the glasses, so I'm not sure if it's the same, but when I position the device on the controller, the first positioning is to put the top edge of the bracket on TOP of the controller's bottom lip. Then close the side levers onto the wings of the cradle. The unit sits slightly raised and overlapping (very slightly) the controller. It works just fine and is secure...and you have access to the USB at the bottom of the controller. I'm not near my unit right now, but tonight I'll try to remember to take some pics.

Thanks for the description. I looked again and realized that I had the bracket "upsided down" in the Mavic controller (hard to believe I missed that!). When I flipped it over, as you noted, it sits slightly raised and the Moverio snaps in with plenty of room below to access the USB port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143