DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio BT 300 glasses and prescription lenses.

Steady Eddie

Reactions
Many older folks (such as yours truly) are far sighted, meaning I can see OK at distance but I have a problem focusing up close. Would I need standard "reader" type corrective lenses which can be fitted to the frame which I see is provided? Or is it more complicated than that? I get the feeling that one would need to shift focus from one area to the other, although I have not actually tried these glasses, and inability to do so would preclude one from using the glasses effectively.

It seems to me that there would be a problem with looking though the non-projected area of the goggles with "readers" because this would render this area out of focus, although it might help to get the projected area sharp. I'm assuming that without "readers", the non-projected area would be sharp and I would then not be able to focus on the projected area.

Any insight (excuse the pun)/suggestions appreciated.

The projected image “appears” at a distance, so if you need prescription glasses you will need inserts for distant viewing. My problem is that I have beady, narrow set eyes (definitely criminal type) and astigmatism. The images projected in the Moverio glasses are spaced wider than the distance between my pupils. But for $200 Rochester Optical makes an insert that can correct for farsightedness, astigmatism and the distance between your pupils. But you need to go to an optometrist to get the correct prescription before you order the insert which is made specifically for the Moverio. Without the Rochester Optical glasses I can barely see the projected image; with the glasses everything is quite clear. The Rochester Optical insert is of much better quality than the insert provided by Epson.

Thanks for that radman. Still wondering if I really need the BT300, seeing as I already have DJI goggles and a CrystalSky.

The CrystalSky is disappointing in terms of reliability and processing power, and I suspect the BT300's would be the same in view of the fact that both devices use the same antiquated Android 5.1 engine.

If you have the classic age related presbyopia (need reading glasses only) no corrective lenses are needed. I wear readers for close detail vision but find the BT-300’s very clear with no strain in focusing.

Reactions: Steady Eddie
i use my eye glasses with the moverio and have no issues with the projected image and i’m blind as a bat without my glasses, secondly the advantage of the glasses over the dji goggles which i have both the white version and the black re is that i can see what is going on around me and have no need for a spotter like i must have with the goggles ,the great thing about the goggles is the feeling of total immersion that makes you feel like you are inside the bird,i feel very fortunate to have all three styles and enjoy flying with them.

I have the same problem as yours but I love the BT-300’s it is very clear, and it is a completely different experience, Just Fantastic.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55