DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio BT30c

Moverio BT-30C USB-C Smart Glasses | Epson US
Looks like its for commercial applications.
Would be nice if available for drone use, or can you?

In the link you posted.

This product is not intended for drone pilots
The MOVERIO BT-30C model has limited drone compatibility and is not specifically designed for drone applications. If you’re looking to use the DJI Go 4 App on standalone smart glasses, we recommend the MOVERIO BT-300 FPV. If you’re looking for drone-compatible glasses with HDMI input, we recommend the MOVERIO BT-35E.

In the link you posted.

This product is not intended for drone pilots
The MOVERIO BT-30C model has limited drone compatibility and is not specifically designed for drone applications. If you’re looking to use the DJI Go 4 App on standalone smart glasses, we recommend the MOVERIO BT-300 FPV. If you’re looking for drone-compatible glasses with HDMI input, we recommend the MOVERIO BT-35E.
@tleedom , yes I saw that. But then again, pilots up here are way more resourceful and find a way to use gadgets to their advantage.

Moverio BT-30C USB-C Smart Glasses | Epson US
Looks like its for commercial applications.
Would be nice if available for drone use, or can you?

If you have the smart controller (USB-C) output and fly with GO not Soar, they're kind of exactly what you need.

Only feature that would be missing would be "Auto-Light" from the side sensor.
Most people i know don't use that feature anyway as it makes them flicker.
You cant utilise the camera on the 35-E's anyway, so why have it.

Same Lens/frame rate. The volume rocker on the headphone port, means you dont have to bugger around
with the box on the 35-E.
USB-C 3.1 can convert to HDMI by adapter aswell (but why would you)

Looks like they fold unlike the 35e, anyone got any idea on the price

wonder why they are not compatable with apple products

Last edited:
No Kidding? and the price?

Edit: SorryI didn't meant that to sound defensive

It's just occurred to me that having bottom rims, your view would be somewhat diminished
Ready set Drone did a couple of reviews on them and most people thought that they were pretty good. I have not tried them myself so just going by what they said.

The BT 300/ all moverios are great
I prefer the 35e, so as to make as much use of the expensive hardware they are as possible.
Plus you have a backup screen when flying.

You will need a sc or tablet setup, but if you can afford moverios you can
Probably afford a 35e setup.

If you have the smart controller (USB-C) output and fly with GO not Soar, they're kind of exactly what you need.

Only feature that would be missing would be "Auto-Light" from the side sensor.
Most people i know don't use that feature anyway as it makes them flicker.
You cant utilise the camera on the 35-E's anyway, so why have it.

Same Lens/frame rate. The volume rocker on the headphone port, means you dont have to bugger around
with the box on the 35-E.
USB-C 3.1 can convert to HDMI by adapter aswell (but why would you)
For all the reasons mentioned, I pre-ordered the BT-30c prior to the post which stated that they are not intended for drone pilots. I received them this past Friday and have not been able to get them to work with the DJI Smart Controller.

I also have the BT-35e and they work perfectly. I spent all of about 15 minutes troubleshooting (the BT-30c), including getting then to work by connecting them to the USB-C port on my Lenovo laptop. I bought them because they are about $300 cheaper than the BT-35e and I had planned to give them to a family member who has a Smart Controller.

Interestingly, in the shipping box they threw in a rechargeable usb battery with a drone logo on it, and also included a stainless steel water bottle - with a drone logo on it. Perhaps they were throw-ins for early buyers. They were not in the Moverio packaging.

In the documentation, there is mention of a Moverio Link app available from Google Play to make settings adjustments, however I did not find the app on Amazon's Appstore, which I have installed on the Smart Controller.

Per MavicFT1P, I haven't tried to convert the USB-C to HDMI to see if I can get video (not ideal, as they also need power), but will try again this week.

BT 35E suck. BT-30E are the business.
BT-300 are half right

Also re the 30c. The fact they have whole rims, as opposed to no bottom rims is kind of a hint they
are not for Drone.

BT 35E suck. BT-30E are the business.
BT-300 are half right

Also re the 30c. The fact they have whole rims, as opposed to no bottom rims is kind of a hint they
are not for Drone.
I didn't know the BT-30E existed until your post. Are they an older model? I see a handful available for sale on eBay, but not much else on them.

If they perform like the BT-35E at $300 less, then that's what I was hoping to get out of the BT-30C.

You're right about the rims - hadn't considered that when I first saw the ad.

For all the reasons mentioned, I pre-ordered the BT-30c prior to the post which stated that they are not intended for drone pilots. I received them this past Friday and have not been able to get them to work with the DJI Smart Controller.

I also have the BT-35e and they work perfectly. I spent all of about 15 minutes troubleshooting (the BT-30c), including getting then to work by connecting them to the USB-C port on my Lenovo laptop. I bought them because they are about $300 cheaper than the BT-35e and I had planned to give them to a family member who has a Smart Controller.

Interestingly, in the shipping box they threw in a rechargeable usb battery with a drone logo on it, and also included a stainless steel water bottle - with a drone logo on it. Perhaps they were throw-ins for early buyers. They were not in the Moverio packaging.

In the documentation, there is mention of a Moverio Link app available from Google Play to make settings adjustments, however I did not find the app on Amazon's Appstore, which I have installed on the Smart Controller.

Per MavicFT1P, I haven't tried to convert the USB-C to HDMI to see if I can get video (not ideal, as they also need power), but will try again this week.
HI GDadd,
Any further progress or discoveries with this option? I was hoping that the USB-C video option would work with the Smart Controller like it does with the BT-35e.
Cheers

HI GDadd,
Any further progress or discoveries with this option? I was hoping that the USB-C video option would work with the Smart Controller like it does with the BT-35e.
Cheers
Well, yes and no.

I was able to install the Moverio Link app on the SC via Google Play. The app only applies when the headset is plugged in, and when I plugged it into the USB-C port, the SC buzzed and vibrated, and the headset icon popped up in the top left hand corner. Per the instructions, I could swipe down, and under Notifications was able to bring up the app.

However, nothing I did ever generated any video, although the brightness and sound controller device on the headset started to become warm to the touch. The Moverio app showed No Signal as the status, and I tried varying photo and video apps to see if I would initiate video. I restarted the SC as well.

It seemed to do all the things expected except generate video. I'll keep at it, but no joy yet.

Well, yes and no.

I was able to install the Moverio Link app on the SC via Google Play. The app only applies when the headset is plugged in, and when I plugged it into the USB-C port, the SC buzzed and vibrated, and the headset icon popped up in the top left hand corner. Per the instructions, I could swipe down, and under Notifications was able to bring up the app.

However, nothing I did ever generated any video, although the brightness and sound controller device on the headset started to become warm to the touch. The Moverio app showed No Signal as the status, and I tried varying photo and video apps to see if I would initiate video. I restarted the SC as well.

It seemed to do all the things expected except generate video. I'll keep at it, but no joy yet.
OK. Thanks for giving some feedback. I see that some folks have suggested to reverse the USB-C plug when trying to get their BT-35E's to work with the SC which has met with some success... for some reason?! This is a long shot and you probably have already tried it but I thought I'd ask anyway. Anyway, good luck with your experiments and hope you are able to report a win with this combo. Finally, the black rim around the bottom, do you think it would be a big issue in reading the controller as has been suggested elsewhere here.
Thanks again.

OK. Thanks for giving some feedback. I see that some folks have suggested to reverse the USB-C plug when trying to get their BT-35E's to work with the SC which has met with some success... for some reason?! This is a long shot and you probably have already tried it but I thought I'd ask anyway. Anyway, good luck with your experiments and hope you are able to report a win with this combo. Finally, the black rim around the bottom, do you think it would be a big issue in reading the controller as has been suggested elsewhere here.
Thanks again.
There is a small dimple on the USB-C connector to distinguish its orientation, and the Moverio Link app would only engage when the dimple was on the bottom. So yes, like the BT-35E, it does matter how it's plugged in, but neither direction resulted in video.

Regarding the rims, I can't tell yet without practical usage, but I can imagine they make for a less seamless transition when looking down at the controller compared to the BT-35E. I'm very happy with the BT-35E's, but can't help but feel we're paying for functionality with the built-in camera that may not ever come practically to life. That's why the less expensive new glasses were initially appealing.

I'm very happy with the BT-35E's, but can't help but feel we're paying for functionality with the built-in camera that may not ever come practically to life. That's why the less expensive new glasses were initially appealing.
Totally agree. That was my thinking as well. I don't really want to be paying for Titanium, waterproof, safety glasses and unusable/unecessary camera, etc if a device like the BT-30C could do the job for less money. However, and of course, they have to work first :) .

There is a small dimple on the USB-C connector to distinguish its orientation, and the Moverio Link app would only engage when the dimple was on the bottom. So yes, like the BT-35E, it does matter how it's plugged in, but neither direction resulted in video.

Regarding the rims, I can't tell yet without practical usage, but I can imagine they make for a less seamless transition when looking down at the controller compared to the BT-35E. I'm very happy with the BT-35E's, but can't help but feel we're paying for functionality with the built-in camera that may not ever come practically to life. That's why the less expensive new glasses were initially appealing.

Hi GDadd!
I would like to ask you something concerning BT-30C. Have you tried them with a regular controller (not the SC) using an android device? I mean using the controller with an android phone through a usb hub and connect the phone to the BT-30C simultaneously.
Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:
HI Only just seen the 30C and have been looking at the 35E ( a bit too expensive for me )
Currently I use a 7.8"CS with my MA...so the 30C would tick my box.
Epson suggest that the 30C is not suitable for drones but does that mean they do work as a mirror display from an Android device ( like my CS ).
Is it just that the glasses have a frame to all edges thus a minor problem when glancing down from FPV to the Device or Just checking whats going on around you when flying !?
If they just mirror the display from an Android device ( CS using GO4 ) then they should work ..YES ?
Has anyone ever tried this ..I would really like to know
The are available from Japan at £400

HI Only just seen the 30C and have been looking at the 35E ( a bit too expensive for me )
Currently I use a 7.8"CS with my MA...so the 30C would tick my box.
Epson suggest that the 30C is not suitable for drones but does that mean they do work as a mirror display from an Android device ( like my CS ).
Is it just that the glasses have a frame to all edges thus a minor problem when glancing down from FPV to the Device or Just checking whats going on around you when flying !?
If they just mirror the display from an Android device ( CS using GO4 ) then they should work ..YES ?
Has anyone ever tried this ..I would really like to know
The are available from Japan at £400
The drawback to the 30C is that it requires a USB-C connection to the Android device and that Android device must be able to support external displays.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580