DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio glasses used in conjunction with the i pad. Can it be done.

Sharky05

Reactions
Can moverio bt-300 glasses be used in conjunction with the i pad air. Using both at the same time while flying like I'm using the glasses as the pilot and a friend look at the i pad for instance

Check out this topic:

I'm using the mavic 2 Pro and the DJI go 4 app to fly with so not using the fly app for the mini or the air 2 drones. Will it still work for me. Thanks for your reply

I'm using the mavic 2 Pro and the DJI go 4 app to fly with so not using the fly app for the mini or the air 2 drones. Will it still work for me. Thanks for your reply

If you can get the casting working from the Ipad Air, the BT-300 is just simply a passive screen so you can use any combination of drones and flight software. As a test I've cast DJI Go4 to it but it has less latency when you run DJI Go4 on the BT-300 directly, when using it this way it's exactly just like using a android phone.

If you can get the casting working from the Ipad Air, the BT-300 is just simply a passive screen so you can use any combination of drones and flight software. As a test I've cast DJI Go4 to it but it has less latency when you run DJI Go4 on the BT-300 directly, when using it this way it's exactly just like using a android phone.
Thanks bud really appreciate your help. Looking at getting the glasses soon

I looked at the website and don't see any mention of any of the glasses being used for flying drones, am I wrong or can they be used for drone flying.

Too new to tell, the BT-40s are supposed to be the new generation BT-300's so I am assuming they be able to run all the 64bit apps like DJI Fly and still be compatible with DJI Go4, best wait until they are released for the specs.

Only the BT-40s would work with drone apps as they can be run on control unit, the BT-40 is only a pair of glasses without an android control unit.

Too new to tell, the BT-40s are supposed to be the new generation BT-300's so I am assuming they be able to run all the 64bit apps like DJI Fly and still be compatible with DJI Go4, best wait until they are released for the specs.

Only the BT-40s would work with drone apps as they can be run on control unit, the BT-40 is only a pair of glasses without an android control unit.
Sorry if I'm being a pain. How do you set up the cast function on the i pad air to the BT 300 while using the i pad on the controller

Sorry if I'm being a pain. How do you set up the cast function on the i pad air to the BT 300 while using the i pad on the controller

1) Download and install Apowermirror apk onto the Epson BT-300, I used apkpure.com via the BT-300 internal web browser

ApowerMirror for Android - APK Download

Download ApowerMirror apk 1.7.24 for Android.

2) Download and install Apowermirror on your ipad air from the apple store

3) Create a hotspot on the Ipad Air and connect the Epson BT-300 to it.

6) On the Epson BT-300 open up Apowermirror

7) On the Ipad Air open up Apowermirror and tap the cast button, you should see it search and then find the Epson BT-300 as device, tap on it to select it

8) Power up the MM connect it to the RC and phone etc. and run the DJI Fly app
This can be done at anytime as your merely mirroring the screen.

9) You should then be able to see the Ipad Air screen mirrored to the BT-300.

For this to work in the field you'll need to make sure you can create a hotspot on your Ipad Air, I undrestand this can only happen when you have a cellular ipad and a service provider that allows it.

1) Download and install Apowermirror apk onto the Epson BT-300, I used apkpure.com via the BT-300 internal web browser

ApowerMirror for Android - APK Download

Download ApowerMirror apk 1.7.24 for Android.

2) Download and install Apowermirror on your ipad air from the apple store

3) Create a hotspot on the Ipad Air and connect the Epson BT-300 to it.

6) On the Epson BT-300 open up Apowermirror

7) On the Ipad Air open up Apowermirror and tap the cast button, you should see it search and then find the Epson BT-300 as device, tap on it to select it

8) Power up the MM connect it to the RC and phone etc. and run the DJI Fly app
This can be done at anytime as your merely mirroring the screen.

9) You should then be able to see the Ipad Air screen mirrored to the BT-300.

For this to work in the field you'll need to make sure you can create a hotspot on your Ipad Air, I undrestand this can only happen when you have a cellular ipad and a service provider that allows it.

Thanks again for your help mate I will try this not sure if it would actually work as the i pad doesn't have cellular connection and I'm flying mavic pro 2 on go 4 app and not the mini or using the fly app.

Thanks again for your help mate I will try this not sure if it would actually work as the i pad doesn't have cellular connection and I'm flying mavic pro 2 on go 4 app and not the mini or using the fly app.

Casting to the BT-300 will work with any flight app, but if you have a MP2 why aren't you flying that using the BT-300 by itself with the DJI Go4 installed on it ?

Last edited:
I want to be able to have my customer experience the flight with me while I'm flying my drone with the i pad air. That way I can still do what I need to do and keep an eye on everything instead of worrying about what is going on with the drone at the moment when my client is wearing the glasses and something strange should happen with the drone or go wrong with the drone and then don't have the time to get it sorted out in time hence the ability to use them both at the same time.

I managed to download the apps like you suggested but I can't get the two to find each other in the app the screen mirror app tells me to open the airdroid app. Clicking on the app to search for each other they can't find each other. I'm starting to give up as I can't find anything on YouTube either to help me with that.

Did you connect the BT-300's WiFi to the iPad's hotspot?

It just occurred to me, the mirror doesn't care which device is the wifi AP and which is the client. Can the BT be set up as a hotspot or ad-hock wifi? It is an Android after all. If so, have the iPad then connect to the BT's WiFi.

I managed to download the apps like you suggested but I can't get the two to find each other in the app the screen mirror app tells me to open the airdroid app. Clicking on the app to search for each other they can't find each other. I'm starting to give up as I can't find anything on YouTube either to help me with that.

You have to setup the Ipad screen mirror mode to use the Apowermirror app.

How to connect:
1. Connect your ipad and BT-300 to the same WiFi network.
2. Install and run this mirror app( ApowerMirror) on your Ipad and BT-300.
3. both the Apowermirror apps on the iPad and the BT-300 should be running
3. On your iPad, open the Control Center and then tap “Screen Mirroring”. Select the name of “Apowersoft + device” and then your iPad screen should successfully be mirrored.

That's just it since I downloaded the app on the glasses I can't keep it connected to the Internet it keeps switching off. I might try later today it is nearly 02:00 am in the morning here so off to dreamland for me. Thanks again for your help

That's just it since I downloaded the app on the glasses I can't keep it connected to the Internet it keeps switching off. I might try later today it is nearly 02:00 am in the morning here so off to dreamland for me. Thanks again for your help
Sorry to be late on this conversation, but since you have the iPad Air, why don’t you join our Facebook group & go to this link. Probably the best mirroring option for an IOS device:

Last edited:

1) Just set up the glasses to connect to your home internet and connect the ipad to the home internet as well. (this configuration is what causes some latency, in the field you either need to hotpsot on the ipad/BT-300 or setup up a mi-fi (mobile wifi).

2) Then run Apowermirror in the BT-300 first, on the main screen you'll see to the right an icon of a man with his arm up, you'll also see a square icon with ** in it. If you select this icon you'll go to the settings page. On the settings page, the BT-300 virtual keyboard will be blocking the options, select the down arrow at the bottom of the page to turn it off, then select "detect".

3) Run Apowermirror on the iPad, you'll see in the middle of the page the "mirror" icon, tap on this and you'll see listed "Apowermirror(EMBT3C)" this is the BT-300 glasses, select this by tapping on it.

4) A short video will run to show you how to open the iPad control panel and change the mirroring settings to make Apowermirror the mirroring app. Drag diagonally from the top right so that you can access the iPad control panel, then tap on "screen mirroring" and select "Apowermirror(EMBT3C)". A message will pop up to say that you're now mirroring the iPad screen.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada