DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio Smart Glasses - Possible Cord Issue?

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Moverio users, what type of cord do you use and which port on the controller do you use to plug it in?

We had a customer bring in their Mavic Pro and he says he is receiving connection warnings when he is using the Moverio glasses with the drone. We have put it through several tests and it works just fine for us. The only issue we could possibly see it that the cord he is using USB (controller) to Micro USB (glasses) is not the correct cord/input. We used the Micro USB RC Connecting cord, and it worked just fine. Took it out to the end of VLOS and not one issue/error.

Any insight you can provide would be helpful. We are not well-versed in using the Moverio glasses, but aren't seeing any issues with them.

Reactions: BigAl07
It could be a "sub-standard" cable. Some folks get a real Data cable confused with poorly made or just "charging cables.
Your user should be connecting with a "data" cable from the bottom port of the controller to the Moverio Controller. Don't use the side port. Make sure nothing else is running in the background.
I have zero issues with my Moverios, but I am also running .400 from 2.5 years ago on the bird, and 4.0.4 of the Go4 app. The app got very resource hungry as it "grew". And the Moverio is really limited in resources and OS version limited to Andyroids 5.

It could be a "sub-standard" cable. Some folks get a real Data cable confused with poorly made or just "charging cables.
Your user should be connecting with a "data" cable from the bottom port of the controller to the Moverio Controller. Don't use the side port. Make sure nothing else is running in the background.
I have zero issues with my Moverios, but I am also running .400 from 2.5 years ago on the bird, and 4.0.4 of the Go4 app. The app got very resource hungry as it "grew". And the Moverio is really limited in resources and OS version limited to Andyroids 5.
Thanks for the insight!

Side note. I have the Mavic I.
On the Mavic 2, be aware that there 2 versions of the controller, the first version, RC1A will work with the Moverios.The "replacement" version of the controller for the Mavic 2, RC1B will not work at all, until DJI fixes it thru firmware (if possible).

The OTG quality cable requirement is probably the issue, but it could also be a micro usb fit issue, due to wear and tear some micro usb plugs are a tighter fit into the Moverio port while others feel loose in the vertical plane.

With the cable you tested , was it a good tight fit ?

I use a magnetic cable connector on the charging port of the controller. That way I reduce wear/tear on that delicate connector port.
And for the App, I use the bottom port to the tabby.....

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929