DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moving from phantom 4 pro to mavic 3

getho

Reactions
Hey folks,
Just setting up mavic 3. I'm supposed to be shooting a job tomorrow and I haven't flown it yet. eeek
Reading posts here, I'm wondering if I should just shoot on the phantom and have more of a practice.

Is there anything I need to know before flying this thing?

Hey folks,
Just setting up mavic 3. I'm supposed to be shooting a job tomorrow and I haven't flown it yet. eeek
Reading posts here, I'm wondering if I should just shoot on the phantom and have more of a practice.

Is there anything I need to know before flying this thing?
Practice!
M3's Fly app is entirely different than P4P's GO 4.
It will take some time to get used to the changes!
Shoot with the P4P tomorrow!
Then reshoot with the M3, if you want practice.

Just used up half a battery tooling about with the fly app and another flying it. I reckon I'll be right. It's a low-pressure job :) I'll take both, if I start floundering with the mavic I'll swap to the phantom. I just can't ignore the long lens!

*edit - although looking at the quality of it, I'm not sure how well it will cut with the wide stuff. Ho hum.
First impressions of the video quality are a bit like what I felt looking at the samples I've seen online: good but nowhere near the leap I'd expect 5 years on from the phantom 4 pro. Just shooting in the normal profile there were some greens in there that were very odd. (grab from h.265 5.1K file below). I'd definitely want to experiment with HLG and Dlog before shooting them for a job.

I've set cine and normal gibal controls to how I like them (slow and lots of smoothing). Havent tried any of the fancy shooting modes yet (like point of interest).

Is it just me or does the horizon not stay level?

Attachments

• 2022-08-05_174522.jpg
    2022-08-05_174522.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: R.Cowan
Just used up half a battery tooling about with the fly app and another flying it. I reckon I'll be right. It's a low-pressure job :) I'll take both, if I start floundering with the mavic I'll swap to the phantom. I just can't ignore the long lens!

*edit - although looking at the quality of it, I'm not sure how well it will cut with the wide stuff. Ho hum.
First impressions of the video quality are a bit like what I felt looking at the samples I've seen online: good but nowhere near the leap I'd expect 5 years on from the phantom 4 pro. Just shooting in the normal profile there were some greens in there that were very odd. (grab from h.265 5.1K file below). I'd definitely want to experiment with HLG and Dlog before shooting them for a job.

I've set cine and normal gibal controls to how I like them (slow and lots of smoothing). Havent tried any of the fancy shooting modes yet (like point of interest).

Is it just me or does the horizon not stay level?
The horizon issue has been a problem. It's kind of hit or miss for me. It's rarely off a lot, but requires correction in post.

Reactions: getho
I have problems with an un-horizontal horizon on my Mavic 3 also. It is usually small and correctable in post. I do not have this problem with my M2P.
yep thats kinda bonkers on their flagship drone though. I used to have to do this all the time about 6 or 7 years ago with footage I was provided - easy in stills a bit more of a pain in the bum for vid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ