DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moving to Boise, Idaho!

Skyflyer129

Reactions
Hi folks,
I’ve been flying UAVs for 7 months now, the last two with my M2p. I’ve been into Ariel video and photos from 27 years of skydiving. My family and I are moving to Boise, Idaho on March 30th from SoCal. I’d appreciate any advice about where there are interesting(legal) areas you would recommend and/or your personal flying experience in that area.
Blue Skies folks:)

If you move to Boise you’ll likely need to adjust your drone camera settings to compensate for that God-awful color of the Boise State football field:
f92d5cbbb3e29cd15a6d8411225b4447.jpg

Good luck in your new home, and fly safe!

I’m going to head out this spring to the Boise river just below lucky peak and fly between the cliffs.

Lots of great scenery here in Idaho.
Did you see that the greater lucky peak area requires a permit now? It’s free and good for a year but you have to email and application and it takes a day or so.

Hi folks,
I’ve been flying UAVs for 7 months now, the last two with my M2p. I’ve been into Ariel video and photos from 27 years of skydiving. My family and I are moving to Boise, Idaho on March 30th from SoCal. I’d appreciate any advice about where there are interesting(legal) areas you would recommend and/or your personal flying experience in that area.
Blue Skies folks:)
I’m in Boise and have been flying a drone here for a little over a year. There’s tons of great places to go. Message me anytime for suggestions.

Reactions: SpudX
Where do you go (web address) to sign up for a permit?
This is who you email. Let them know you’re flying a drone and ask for the application. It’s a pdf file you’ll fill out and then then they’ll send you your permit approval with a map of no fly zones. They’re really nice and helpful to work with.
[email protected]

This is who you email. Let them know you’re flying a drone and ask for the application. It’s a pdf file you’ll fill out and then then they’ll send you your permit approval with a map of no fly zones. They’re really nice and helpful to work with.
[email protected]
Thanks wilmutiny3! I’ll have to do that soon. I haven’t been flying much, even in the park because of spring weather (rain, wind, etc).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22