DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP Crash and @Thunderdrones to the rescue

flightmike

Reactions
Had my MP since last April with only a couple close calls but on Jan. 4th I was wanting to get some video of the ice coming down the river. It was 7 degrees out so I had gloves on. I flew for about 10 minutes and was coming in and must have been pushing my back stick and didn't feel it due to the gloves. I was looking up trying to find it and before you know it backed into some branches behind me. With the cold the props snapped and down she came from about 30 feet. When I found it the battery and my tracker popped off and was laying a couple feet away. The arm was mangled and the camera was dangling by it's threads.
IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0020.JPG
Here is a short of the crash taken from my IPad because the micro sd card was corrupted in the crash.

I have care refresh but my MP has been rock solid and am running older firmware and software and didn't want to take the chance of not getting mine back so I elected to send to @Thunderdrones. I received the estimate on 1/11 and told them to proceed at 7:30 on 1/12. They replied at 3:37 saying it was repaired, tested and ready for shipment. It was shipped out Sat. 1/13 and I received Tuesday 1/16.
Today is the first chance I have had to fly and all is working great. It's as rock solid as it has always been.
Lesson learned. No more flying with gloves on...

Thanks @Thunderdrones and fantastic job.

If you want to see the video I put together of the river it didn't turn out too bad even taken from my IPad, go to my YouTube @MPK SCC

MPK SCC

I wish I would have sent to him instead of Dronenerds! Scammers!
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest