DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP descended to sea water - log

joelmavic

Reactions
Update:
Here is the result from the R&D department:

At the time of 05:28, H=1m, D=65.8m, signal interrupt, aircraft lost contact. Before lost, pilot pushed elevator stick forward. When the aircraft fly forward, record interrupt. As the video shows that the aircraft was too close to the water. Downward visual system can't work normally in that case.

We do recommend you to fly the drone far away from the water and also be very careful when doing it.

Since it is the pilot error, no warranty is covered, you can purchase another mavic pro without controller and charger from the below website:

hello a new member here. im from abu dhabi. Had a flight this morning everything went well but when i flew above water (not sure about the height,but its a little bit low) below the bridge. i was moving forward slowly then suddenly it descended im pretty sure that my left joystick is untouched, but it went downwards. so after i that i ran near to it but i cant dive in because i dont know how to swim. so 10-15 mins past it started to create smoke underwater. finally i found someone to take my mavic out from the water. then i didnt know that moment what to do and that i have to wash it with normal saline, brought it to the retailler store and told me that most probably they will not cover the repair fees for it. so i was a little bit upset. can anyone help me to interpret whats in my record flight? thanks for anyone who will be helping me out. so atleast if its a user error i dont need to expect from them to cover my repair fees and if its an aircraft error i have something that i can show to them . and do anyone here how much it will cost me?

edit: heres a link for csv file
DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-21_[07-32-42].txt.Comprehensive.preview.csv

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-21_[07-32-42].txt
    901.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
10-15 mins underwater. Its dead.
Maybe you left VPS on, maybe it lost RC and/or gps going under something.

But 15 mins in salt water its utterly dead.

Reactions: joelmavic
10-15 mins underwater. Its dead.
Maybe you left VPS on, maybe it lost RC and/or gps going under something.

But 15 mins in salt water its utterly dead.
Thats quite painful to read. Thank you. I dont have any idea about the vps but i searched for it maybe thats the reason why it descended. But i stayed with the same height for over 2 mins and im flying over a canal so theres no current or waves.

Its reflection more than movement that confuses them. Sunlight, glare etc.

O

Alright. Thank you sir. Any advice you can give so in the future this will not happen to me again?
If you fly low over water disable the downward sensors (DJI say this in the user manual). 30ft or lower roughly. Also don't go flying under things. You're likely to lose GPS and/or compass if you do.

And when flying over water it's always a good idea of equipping your Mavic with floats.
Okay sir maybe flying under that bridge intererrupt with my gps. Is using float will not add any extra battery strain?

Okay sir maybe flying under that bridge interrupt with my gps. Is using float will not add any extra battery strain?

Yep, more drag, worse battery life, less stability, even worse in the wind. They're not needed provided you don't intend on crashing it into water.
(plus if its salt water even spray from the props will go in through the vents and kill the drone regardless).

Heres the reply i got waiting for two weeks if im not mistaken.
Here is the result from the R&D department:

At the time of 05:28, H=1m, D=65.8m, signal interrupt, aircraft lost contact. Before lost, pilot pushed elevator stick forward. When the aircraft fly forward, record interrupt. As the video shows that the aircraft was too close to the water. Downward visual system can't work normally in that case.

We do recommend you to fly the drone far away from the water and also be very careful when doing it.

Since it is the pilot error, no warranty is covered, you can purchase another mavic pro without controller and charger from the below website:
Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ