DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP Fatal errors after update, seeking advice

GreyGoose

Reactions
First, allow me to introduce myself as I am new to the forum.

Actually, I'm sure no one cares...so onto the reason for the post...

I'm going to preface this by saying that I have been flying since August with about 30-35 flights and several hours of flight under my belt...

BUT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED what happened on 12 Feb.

I had just gotten home and decided to fly after upgrading the MP over the weekend. Everything seemed to normal, checked to make sure nothing seemed amiss and fired up the rotors. Immediately starting to ascend and that's when things went from good to ugly quickly.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I've spent about 4 hours searching for my MP in the area and along the flight path...any ideas?

not enough info for me to work with, and I dont do the data. :D
Lets wait for one of the experts to give us the details.

Immediately starting to ascend and that's when things went from good to ugly quickly.

You could be more specific in what you witnessed.

I'm no expert but I had lots of yaw errors when I was returning just after sunset. You started flying when the conditions were really dark.

You had 780 warning messages in a flight that lasted less than 2 and a half minutes. Yet you kept on going. You didn't have good GPS at the start and didn't record a home point until you were away from your starting location... then proceeded to set a really high maximum altitude.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were flying somebody else's drone and wanted to destroy it.

Reactions: xedder
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Reactions: MavicCF

I'm no expert but I had lots of yaw errors when I was returning just after sunset. You started flying when the conditions were really dark.

You had 780 warning messages in a flight that lasted less than 2 and a half minutes. Yet you kept on going. You didn't have good GPS at the start and didn't record a home point until you were away from your starting location... then proceeded to set a really high maximum altitude.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were flying somebody else's drone and wanted to destroy it.

Just curious. His battery never got over 32 degrees temp. What kind of problems could just that alone cause?

Just curious. His battery never got over 32 degrees temp. What kind of problems could just that alone cause?

That temperature literally makes no sense, as my drone and batteries were in my house prior to launch and pretty much launched immediately when I was outside. And I have flown in colder weather.

No, I didn't start flying when it was really dark. Still light out, even if the light was fading fast. And I have flown at night before.

A.) I was unaware of all those error messages until post flight.
B.) I had GPS lock pre-flight. Zero compass errors until the bird was already in the sky. Which has never happened before.
C.) I didn't set that max. That's just a crazy altitude.

Reactions: oblisk
Right hand column. Second from bottom.

Don't be lazy. Read things. I posted a link that you couldn't be bothered to read. Alternatively, if you bothered to click on the link in the right hand column, second from the bottom, you would get to themore detailed information.

you are a moron who cant read.png

Don't be lazy. Read things. I posted a link that you couldn't be bothered to read. Alternatively, if you bothered to click on the link in the right hand column, second from the bottom, you would get to themore detailed information.

View attachment 31489

Oops. I didn't realize your link was from clicking on the 32 degrees. Sorry. Are you always so hateful?

@GreyGoose, your flight log is showing lots of compass errors. Did you power on your Mavic near a magnetic metal object or take off when it was near a magnetic metal object?

Only 2 seconds between log start and takeoff? Did I read that right? Seems a little quick, when does the log start normally?

@GreyGoose, your flight log is showing lots of compass errors. Did you power on your Mavic near a magnetic metal object or take off when it was near a magnetic metal object?

The only conceivable thought I might have is the re-bar in the concrete pad on my patio...but I find it difficult to believe that would be enough to throw it off as I have launched from there before with zero malfunctions.

Only 2 seconds between log start and takeoff? Did I read that right? Seems a little quick, when does the log start normally?

Not sure, as this is my first time examining logs. All I know is that I followed my standard pre-flight checklist and took off.

The only conceivable thought I might have is the re-bar in the concrete pad on my patio...but I find it difficult to believe that would be enough to throw it off as I have launched from there before with zero malfunctions.
Yep, it would certainly be enough to cause compass issues. The rebar does not cover every square inch of that pad, so you probably just got lucky the other times you launched there.

So we have another thread title leading people to believe the updates caused fatal errors.
Hopefully they will read the entire thread before jumping on any bandwagons. But I am sure this will not be the last time it happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada