DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP gimbal overloaded, obstructed error msg, video streaming works. Gimbal motor or board issue ?

Toorak6

Reactions
Crashed last month, gimbal detached from the MP. Replaced cable and ribbon today but gimbal moved but won't initialize to the correct position. MP body feels unusually hot but not at the gimbal board position. Could it be shorted somewhere, but the bird flew without the gimbal. Anyway to ID which part is faulty ? Much apprecaite any help and advice.

I am in same situation as you have described in your post. About two weeks ago I had an aftermarket battery on my Maverick pro not properly secure on the one side and disconnect me well 900 feet up. (I’m 99% confident that was the issue). I was able to recover drone, not the battery. Snapped ribbon, just ordered replacement for that and installed myself. turned on drone and saw a small bit of smoke come out top front because I did not have that section of the shell clipped in on drone. Got red error message for a vision sensor error left and right side. I’m going to calibrate drone, providing that I don’t get any errors in that process, I’ll test again. I had no picture or control coming back from gimbal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa