DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP on a Pixel 2 XL

theredseth

Reactions
I recently had a Nexus 6 phone and used it as my monitor. The usb connector on it finally gave up so no cables connected to it would keep a connection unless I held it a certain way and rubbed my belly while chewing gum at the same time. So I had to pack away the MP until I had a new phone. I waited about 6 months and now I have a new Pixel 2 XL. I updated to the latest firmware on my drone using the desktop program. I have the latest GO app on my phone. My issue is that when I hook up my new phone with the cable to the RC controller the app on my phone will not connect to the drone. It also cant connect to the wifi...it finds it but wont connect.
Ive seen where some people have gotten their P2XL to connect and others have not. Anyone have any suggestions?
TIA

Newer versions of Android, like that on you Pixel 2 need you to give it permissions for whatever features that the app needs.. DJI Go 4 needs permissions for camera, contacts, location, microphone, phone and storage. If you go to Settings->Apps & notifications, then find DJI Go and select it. Then tap on Permissions. Make sure all of those are turned on. That's probably the problem. It runs fine (well, with the normal expected crashes) on an older Pixel with the latest 8.1.0 Android.

Reactions: brad_rector
Newer versions of Android, like that on you Pixel 2 need you to give it permissions for whatever features that the app needs.. DJI Go 4 needs permissions for camera, contacts, location, microphone, phone and storage. If you go to Settings->Apps & notifications, then find DJI Go and select it. Then tap on Permissions. Make sure all of those are turned on. That's probably the problem. It runs fine (well, with the normal expected crashes) on an older Pixel with the latest 8.1.0 Android.
Yep that was my first thought.Screenshot_20171101-115551.jpg

I also have the Pixel 2 XL and had the exact same issue.
This is the way I have been able to get it to work (and must be done each time):
  1. Power on and Connect the Mavic and Controller
  2. Restart the Pixel 2
  3. Turn off Mobile Data
  4. Plug Pixel 2 into the controller and wait for the pop-up that asks "Choose an app for the USB Device"
  5. Select the DJI GO 4 app (or Litchi if you use that) and select "Just Once"
It seems to be important that you select "Just Once" as you need this popup to occur each time for it to properly connect.

Hope it works for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: firebladeharsha
I also have the Pixel 2 XL and had the exact same issue.
This is the way I have been able to get it to work (and must be done each time):
  1. Power on and Connect the Mavic and Controller
  2. Restart the Pixel 2
  3. Turn off Mobile Data
  4. Plug Pixel 2 into the controller and wait for the pop-up that asks "Choose an app for the USB Device"
  5. Select the DJI GO 4 app (or Litchi if you use that) and select "Just Once"
It seems to be important that you select "Just Once" as you need this popup to occur each time for it to properly connect.

Hope it works for you!
Thank you! This worked for me. My MP decided not to connect to my phone while I was in a trip recently and I still would not have if it wasn't for your steps. Let's hope DJI gets their act together with the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada