DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP1 batteries

Dennis H

Reactions
When I got my MP2 a couple of years ago, I gave my MP1 to my daughter who lives in a warmer climate than here in the UK. She has told me recently that one of her batteries is permanently puffy (swollen), I have advised her not to use it as it may pop out in flight. The other two batteries are slightly swollen after use but return to normal after cooling.
She will be visiting me in the UK in mid May at which time I will procure some new batteries, two questions:
Should I advise her not to fly in the time till she visits me?
I note that dji batteries can still be purchased but other batteries are available at around £50. Has any one experience of the cheaper batteries?

Once I see any "noticeable" puffing I will dispose of or relegate to testing only. It's much more than just popping out in flight because that's a visible indication of serious battery fault.

I just sold my MP Platinum and it had 6 "aftermarket" batteries that all have performed flawlessly for me.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
@Dennis H Mavic Pro batteries are rather hard to come by,although i believe it is still possible to get some MPP which are the same apart from the colour of the shell
there are other none OEM ones available as you say ,and there is no reason why they should not work
as far as the current batteries that your daughter has ,definitely retire the swollen one and personally i would advise her to perhaps reduce her flying till she comes to the UK ,and then after some new batteries have been obtained to retire all of them , because the MP batteries are only 3 cell as opposed to the 4 cell ones in the M2P it means that around the bottom of the battery case there is a solid frame between the drone and the soft part of the casing that covers the actual cells
this allows for a small amount of swelling ,that can take place during flight ,without causing the battery to be pushed out ,unfortunately this does not apply in the case of the M2P batteries as many people have found out

Yep, batteries suitable in order if available, M1P, MPP, Powrextra (aftermarket).
Most feedback here on the forum indicates the Powerextra are quite reliable, not sure about smart features like auto discharge, ability to change discharge days, etc, or how they compare for longevity, but being able to fly is the priority now for the M1P at this late stage of its lifespan.
Thankful I have 6 great batteries for mine, but if the aircraft is still around when mine eventually fail, aftermarket will be my go to.

Reactions: old man mavic
I have a couple of M1P's. I used to keep my batteries fully charged and kept it all in the trunk of my car. I'm in south Texas and summers here get hot. The combination of high temps and full batteries caused swelling in a few of my batteries. Lesson learned.

As for after market ones I had a problem with one I got. The side clamp fell out, fortunately at my desk and not at 400 ft but I retired that battery

I use both and the after market have outlasted the OEM batteries but you will have a shorter flight time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser