DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP batteries

rody68

Reactions
Hi guys, I’ve been reading comments on aftermarket batteries for MPP and the general talk is about powerextra batteries. One of mine is giving me the battery error message and I can’t get a new OEM battery here in Oz. Has anyone from Oz used these aftermarket ones ?

A search of this sub-forum found some reading material re: Powerextra.

I recently bought an MPP and in the 'same boat' as you. Looks like we've got some research/reading to do.... :)

Yeah unfortunately the M1P / MPP OEM batts are well and truly gone in Oz.
I did find the PowerExtra battery on Amazon Australia site the other day, AUD$86.

I did also note another more OEM looking aftermarket battery, but obviously without the DJI blurb it is not genuine.
At AUD$122, it's a fair bit steeper . . .

I'd be tempted to try the PowerExtra first, amazon.com.au should have a decent refund policy if you have any problems.
I'm not looking yet, still have 6 good batteries, that will hopefully go for a few more years.

Hi mate, I did find them on Amazon .com.au as well, might have to give it a go as definitely not going to get OEM anymore. I wonder if they’ll cover the drone if their battery failed and it fell out of the sky?? A risk I’ve gotta take I guess.
Cheers ?

Fly carefully for a few uses I suppose, check airdata for battery info afterwards, compare to OEM info from previous flights.
Be interesting to see if it performs similarly when flying hard in sports mode etc.
Most feedback is positive here about them, so let's hope they are ok.

A search of this sub-forum found some reading material re: Powerextra.

I recently bought an MPP and in the 'same boat' as you. Looks like we've got some research/reading to do.... :)
Gday umanbean,
Yes it annoys the crap out of me that DJI no longer supply batteries for a drone that’s only 3 yrs old… wonder if they will do the same with their current models ?? It’s making me think twice about buying another DJI product that’s for sure..

Fly carefully for a few uses I suppose, check airdata for battery info afterwards, compare to OEM info from previous flights.
Be interesting to see if it performs similarly when flying hard in sports mode etc.
Most feedback is positive here about them, so let's hope they are ok.
I think I’ll order one and see what happens. I’ve still got two good OEM batts but who knows for how long??
I’ll let you know how the power extra battery goes ?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yes it annoys the crap out of me that DJI no longer supply batteries for a drone that’s only 3 yrs old
Me too my man, me too!
wonder if they will do the same with their current models ??
I'd bet they do... gotta 'make room' for the new models so they'll sell more of 'em
It’s making me think twice about buying another DJI product that’s for sure..
Don't know this for sure but probably other mfgs. do the same.

I think I’ll order one and see what happens. I’ve still got two good OEM batts but who knows for how long??
I’ll let you know how the power extra battery goes ?
Please do let us know what you think when you've had a chance to try them out... I'll be shopping for more soon enough, TIA

I sold one of my MPP1's to a friend of my son. I only gave him one of my batteries with the sale. I ran across a person on e-Bay that had 5 Alpine White batteries with only 8 charges or less for $79.00 each. I was able to negotiate a deal if I bought all 5 for $65.00 each. I bought them and sold 3 to my sons friend. I kept one and my wife bought one. They are awesome! Turns out 5 cycle charges was the most any battery had on it. Good OEM batteries are still available if you look around. Make sure to ask questions before purchase to make sure you know what you're getting.

just saw this

US Ebay, and looks genuine.
The OP in Australia would not easily get that shipped, and would be AUD$152 + shipping likely another AUD$50 or more.
More likely they would not ship overseas, lipos are not something taken by Air post etc.

US based M1P / MPP owners should look that up though.

Hi all, just an update for all the Mavic 1 and MPP pilots, so a couple of weeks ago I contacted DJI support asking about MPP batteries and their reply was “sorry but we don’t have these anymore” which seems to be the answer everyone has received..
well today I received an email from DJI support asking for my contact and shipping details and also attached was an invoice for a replacement battery for the MPP $149 plus $30 postage.
so I don’t know what’s going on but it appears that they do have batteries available.
what’s going on ??????

Hi all, just an update for all the Mavic 1 and MPP pilots, so a couple of weeks ago I contacted DJI support asking about MPP batteries and their reply was “sorry but we don’t have these anymore” which seems to be the answer everyone has received..
well today I received an email from DJI support asking for my contact and shipping details and also attached was an invoice for a replacement battery for the MPP $149 plus $30 postage.
so I don’t know what’s going on but it appears that they do have batteries available.
what’s going on ??????

Lol, probably found a warehouse out the back full of them.
They are probably holding some I imagine, and likely wouldn't let these go out to retailers / resellers.
Price is high, but for a genuine it might be something to grab while you can.

what’s going on ??????
$180 for ONE battery?.... i pass...

Amazon has a vendor that claims to have oem Platinum batteries, 2 for $150, free shipping. I'll tell ya if they're oem as soon as i get the spare cash, IF they still have some.

And 'what's going on' with DJI?... ain't no tellin' :)

$180 for ONE battery?.... i pass...

Amazon has a vendor that claims to have oem Platinum batteries, 2 for $150, free shipping. I'll tell ya if they're oem as soon as i get the spare cash, IF they still have some.

That's AUD . .. still about US$131.65, which is still pretty pricey.

Everything in the US is cheaper though, there's economy of scale to the market size, a lot more competition, and retailers in Australia make a packet more profit from consumers.

Partly because Australian wages are fairly good across the board, good social security back up, almost free health care, etc.

I think your OEM batteries will be correctly so, easy to tell them from aftermarket ones.
I've never seen an aftermarket battery maker for these (even a Chinese one) cheeky enough copy the DJI battery label that close, not even any DJI text visible.

Was going to cost me $98 including postage to get a powerextra battery from Amazon au but I’d rather have the genuine battery.

I thought they were $149 a couple years ago as well ?? Can’t do much about $30 postage either..

Yeah not too bad for here. pricey for the US rate though.
I can't recall exactly what the regular price was from DJI, most resellers were the same too.

Ah, found a thread I put up when I picked up my last 2 batteries from Teds . . .

So yeah $149 normally.
Got a good deal there for $100 ea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3