DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP + DJI Go app issues during flight

jag32266

Reactions
Hi, Could use some help as I've had malfunctions with the app lately which has been pretty solid until recently. Lately it had been problematic as it is basically crashing, the app, in mid-flight to include loosing communication with the RC. On two different ocassions now.
I've downloaded the data from my android tablet, the tablet is dedicated to my MPP.
I've also downloaded CsvView but don't have any idea as to what I'm looking at and that's where your help would really be needed.

I've been running an older version of DJI app on my Huawei 10 tablet to avoid issues as I've been having at the time I bought the new tablet, about 14-18 months ago. I'm researching if the app got updated by the tablet unbeknownst to me as being the issue (I'm hoping).

In the meantime, may I upload docs for analysis while I trouble shoot the app versions? The issue is very troublesome and I'm very glad it hasn't resulted in either a fly-away or crash.

Problem:
I launch only after acquisition of multiple sats (14 min.) and enter Intel Flight Mode- Points of Interest. Log all necessary elements and start the mission. Fly for 20 or so seconds-
then
the tablet interface returns to the original page of asking me "what I want to do" as if I had just plugged in the RC again-.." use as a battery charger OR allow access.. " I step thru this process yet again (still in flight) the screen returns back to my current flight. Sometimes it is still recording and sometimes it's not. I check and it is still flying the route encoded from Point of Interest. I check for signal strength and such and continue.
Rinse & repeat.
I am on a (weekly) mission and need at least one complete pass so I persist. But, this is the second week in-a-row that it's persisted and that brings me here. I could use some help, please.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-10_[10-46-28].txt
    493.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20-07-10-10-42-37_FLY065.DAT
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
Someone will come along shortly to read them I don’t ,look at your app In about and you can tell if it updated. Sounds to me maybe
you need a new cord.
New update #’s
F41EF87E-86DB-4DD9-A5C2-057332F89DEA.jpeg

.,look at your app In about and you can tell if it updated.
New update #’s
View attachment 107428
I did look on my tablet and it WAS updated (went and unchecked the auto button now so,..) I've been looking at the mirror pages to chose what Version I need to go _back_ to as the tablet was issued late 2017. I assume I need to be cautious about which version I update back to but I think it was around Sept 2018 version I was running before without any issues. Looking at v.4_4.3.0 or v4_4.3.2 to bring my system back to what it was..
If I need I can update the tablet (but ****!) but the Huawei is so nice.

Most of what I use with the drone is dedicated so I'd think the braided cable would still be good. I have it mounted to my tablet holder so it never leaves that postion and it's only used when I fly- but still worth a check I suppose. Perhaps the logs will reveal the issue.

My first thought would be the disparity between the aircraft s/w v.01.04.0500 & the tablet djiGo v4.3.36 so I'm hoping someone can confirm after seeing the data file?!?
Thx!

Reactions: dirkclod
update to original post:

So, I have this very tablet- Huawei MediaPad T3 8" 53019411 Qualcomm MSM8917 (1.40 GHz) , which is from the list in P4Help Forum, for my MPP and all has been great for about a year. Recently I’ve been having disconnect issues (stated above) while in flight and was told it might be the (dedicated) usb cable. So I just order some of those and should be here in 2 days. I first started to notice the issue more around the time I mistakenly ‘updated’ my tablet to include the latest version of DJIGo4. I’d been using an older version back when that got removed during the update.
Over the past few days I’ve been researching and updating to an older version of DJIGo4 again. After doing the re-install (following procedures laid out in the P4Help forum) I took it up for a quickie just to be sure rather than wait while out flying next time- I fly weekly.
Well, using a different usb cable the same issue- disconnected and the tablet kicks out to the “how do you want to access the usb” plugged in with DJIGo4 and Litchi as my two options (like always). I select DJI and chose “just once” as prescribed and straight back to the inflight Mavic screen.
I think where I need help is in choosing the correct DJIGo4 app from the APKMirror page. My confusion stems from the tablet I own runs on Android 7 Nougat and ALL the DJIGo4 apps released around the time my tablet was released is android v5 lollipop. My thinking being if the tablet was released in late 2017 I should run a product from 2017 but if I have a v7 android shouldn’t I be able to run a later version(2018) of DJIGo4 released closer to the Nougat release?
I would love to run the latest greatest suitable for my tablet.

Version of DJIGo4 I'm backed down to an older version is v4_4.3.0-2034749
I don't feel a need to have the latest/greatest as once I have it rock solid I'm satisfied.
Any other ideas as to what my issues might be I’m open to hear them. Any recommendations on Versions of DJIGO4 would be a great help. TIA

Try a different cable first see if that fixes the crashing problem.
Thanks but, that was mentioned by the first reply to me and I did try it,.. and again in my last reply I'd stated I did use a different cable and even ordered more arriving tomorrow. Problem still exists...

Could be a problem with the USB port and not the cable.
I really, really did NOT think this would be the case as I have a dedicated cable strapped to my MavMount and only use it for that. But, I did check anyway as I wanted to fix this issue. So far, after replacing the CABLE the issue is gone tho it has only been a couple of flights,.
Thanks for the feedback and so glad to have the cure!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent