DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP GPS ERROR :-(

stupbratt

Reactions
Hello, Have had the drone 2 weeks and no problems..suddenly i get fault messages every time i fly. (same area as before) It varies from strong interference, to compass error and goes over to ATTI mode when GPS signal is lost..
Now i dont thrust the drone anymore...flying home in ATTI mode is now fun, drifting all over the place...almost lost it ..
Have tried to calibrate the compass, but values are OK, same on IMU..have read trough the varies forums and many more have the same problem with MP and MPP..is there no solution for this?

Have you tried aeroplane mode on your mobile device? I've read the bluetooth and wifi of your phone/tablet may interfere with the controller.

Reactions: fbcx
Tried it and did lose GPS a couple of times, for a short time 5-10 sek. But flew 2,5 batteries in bright dayligth in aprox -6 C temp. Second batteri i had tablet wifi off but cell phone in pocket with wifi on. Same as with both off on first battery. Last time with lots of problems it was same temp, and dark.. but GPS should work anyway?

Hello, Have had the drone 2 weeks and no problems..suddenly i get fault messages every time i fly. (same area as before) It varies from strong interference, to compass error and goes over to ATTI mode when GPS signal is lost..
Now i dont thrust the drone anymore...flying home in ATTI mode is now fun, drifting all over the place...almost lost it ..
Have tried to calibrate the compass, but values are OK, same on IMU..have read trough the varies forums and many more have the same problem with MP and MPP..is there no solution for this?

Post a DAT file. That will show what the problem is.

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Are you living in high latitudes? Alaska? Had similar problems when flying in northern Finland and in Arctic Russia. North of 65N, depending on the solar activity it gets tricky...

I live in Norway, 62.3004° N, 7.2615° E. I keep losing GPS signal, especially in sport mode when turning fast around. Most times the signal comes back after 5-10 sek..getting used to flying ATTI mode now, so no problem as long i have image on screen when far away:)

I live in Norway, 62.3004° N, 7.2615° E. I keep losing GPS signal, especially in sport mode when turning fast around. Most times the signal comes back after 5-10 sek..getting used to flying ATTI mode now, so no problem as long i have image on screen when far away:)

You should check the txt or DAT files to see what's going on there. Maneuvering should not affect GPS reception.

Perhaps it's being caused by this issue.

Reactions: sar104
Happened to me briefly a couple of times, but so far I only fly in my neighborhood which is stacked high with Wi-Fi, a known issue going in.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake