DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP - Higher frame rate?

westwind77

Reactions
I've had my MPP since shortly after it was released and have enjoyed every flight. Most of my flights are 'slower' and more visually appealing, however I recently have ventured into shooting my sons RC Boat (55 mph), which has been interesting and fun, but not the best quality. I've never needed to run in sport mode but obviously it is required to keep up. At the 4k 24fps the boat is not 'clear' in the frame, for good reason. I know I can drop to 1080 @ 60, but I wonder how much quality I will sacrifice.

Does anyone here shoot 1080 @ 60? Thoughts? I know my flights are going to consist of more 'action' things in the near future as well so this is just the beginning.

I know the 2 can go higher - part of me wants to see what the 3 will offer whenever it is released.

I've had my MPP since shortly after it was released and have enjoyed every flight. Most of my flights are 'slower' and more visually appealing, however I recently have ventured into shooting my sons RC Boat (55 mph), which has been interesting and fun, but not the best quality. I've never needed to run in sport mode but obviously it is required to keep up. At the 4k 24fps the boat is not 'clear' in the frame, for good reason. I know I can drop to 1080 @ 60, but I wonder how much quality I will sacrifice.

Does anyone here shoot 1080 @ 60? Thoughts? I know my flights are going to consist of more 'action' things in the near future as well so this is just the beginning.

I know the 2 can go higher - part of me wants to see what the 3 will offer whenever it is released.
Just shoot 4k 30fps... the 6 frames makes a fair amount of difference.

1080p is 4 times less resolution than 4k so losing lots of quality.

Mavic 2 can only shoot 4k 30fps as well so no difference with the M2. It’s the new Mavic Air 2 that can shoot 4k 60fps.

Reactions: Ducatinus
I searched youtube for mavic pro videos set to 1080 @ 60 or 96 and I actually was impressed with not only the slow motion ability but also the quality. The questions becomes how much post processing was done to make them look so good? I think I am going to try a few flights around my neighborhood (when this 30mph wind dies down) and see if the drop is quality is worth it in the long run. Thanks!

I went out the other day and shot 1080 @ 96fps, what a amazing difference! The slow motion with the boat makes a world of a difference. I was very pleased with the quality as well. Very happy I explored that option. For most I'm sure I will stuck with 4k, but nice to know I would be happen with 1080 if I need faster fps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots