DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP Motor Current Error warnings

ericderace

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I've been flying my MPP for the first few times. It's basically brand new. I've noticed that if I go full throttle and forward in Sport mode, I get these warnings:

Motor current error. Check your propellers and fly with caution.

I've also got a battery discharge warning, but it doesn't show up in the logs.

I'm using brand new props, warm battery. Are you guys getting those warnings as well when you go full throttle and forward?

Eric

Hi Guys,

I've been flying my MPP for the first few times. It's basically brand new. I've noticed that if I go full throttle and forward in Sport mode, I get these warnings:

I'm using brand new props, warm battery. Are you guys getting those warnings as well when you go full throttle and forward?

Eric
Howdy from Wyoming ericderace, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Here are a couple similar threads Search Results for Query: Motor current error | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Hi Guys,

Eric

I just sent my mavic back to DJI for the same problem only 3 months old and sport mode getting the current discharge warning they emailed me this morning trying to charge me $196 to replace the remote circuit board can't wait to Monday to call them tell them they're not getting anything this is ridiculous why is this not covered under warranty

I just sent my mavic back to DJI for the same problem only 3 months old and sport mode getting the current discharge warning they emailed me this morning trying to charge me $196 to replace the remote circuit board can't wait to Monday to call them tell them they're not getting anything this is ridiculous why is this not covered under warranty
What did they end up doing to fix it?

I had the same problem with mine. motor current error. Had it multiple times in any flight modes. tried hard resetting every possible thing and changed props still got the error. I barely had my platinum for 2 weeks. Sent it back to DJI and apparently it is an issue since they said they are total replacing my drone under the warranty. They wouldn't say why or what was causing the motor current error. on the DJI repair progress update, it just says, the entire drone is being replaced.

I had the same problem with mine. motor current error. Had it multiple times in any flight modes. tried hard resetting every possible thing and changed props still got the error. I barely had my platinum for 2 weeks. Sent it back to DJI and apparently it is an issue since they said they are total replacing my drone under the warranty. They wouldn't say why or what was causing the motor current error. on the DJI repair progress update, it just says, the entire drone is being replaced.
Oh Jesus... I just ordered a platinum one... It's this a widespread issue?

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I heard it’s been happening with the platinum. Nobody really knows what’s causing it. Ppl say it’s cold weather. But I live in SoCal so it’s definitely not that

I've seen motor current errors on both of my Platinums when they were stock with original firmware. DJI screwed up somewhere in the ESC programming.

I've seen motor current errors on both of my Platinums when they were stock with original firmware. DJI screwed up somewhere in the ESC programming.
Does that mean that a firmware can fix it?

How do yo apply the patch? I am assuming you are patching the firmware of the Mavic? I have also seen this error, only in sport mode however.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

So I called DJI support in regards on the reason what was causing the motor current error. The rep explained to me it was a defective ESC circuit board and the entire drone was replaced under warranty. Like I said i barely had the drone for 2 weeks and the motor current error kept popping up on every flight.

It's not that yours is defective, it's just that dji messed up the programming somehow and the total esc watts exceeds battery watts in the .dat files.

Hello..I Need some guidance.. not sure how to patch the dji go 4 app for the motor current error..I just did the firmware tweaks on my MPP and now have the Motor current error... i read above but still unclear?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27