DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP not responding to hand underneath

Gobuchul

Reactions
Hi

From watching various videos online, it seems that a MPP will rise away from a hand placed underneath whilst hovering.

Mine doesn't. It doesn't give an alarm or move away.

All the settings in the app seem to be correct.

Is there something wrong?

Are the landing sensors turned off??

No.

Everything is switched on and shows normal in the app.

All sensors have been calibrated in the DJI assistant app.

Everything is switched on and shows normal in the app.

Like this ?

232705vb8r3driiisee9ci.jpg

Landing protection off will = drone not moving upward when it encounters an obstacle (hand etc).

Maybe do a flight and post your flight log TXT file, someone might be able to see an issue.
Fly it and put your hand underneath etc, maybe do a landing.
You don't get any 'sensor error' warnings at all ?
Have you ever done a sensor calibration ? (Not usual that it's needed, I've never had a cause to do one.)

I have had no sensor error warnings.

I have calibrated the sensors with DJI Assistant.

It lands OK. It gives a warning when I try to land back on a table that I took off from with precision landing enabled. Which would seem to tell me the sensors are working.

However, when it's hovering, it does not react when I put a hand underneath. No warnings or movement.

I have attached a recent flight log.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-24_[09-54-14].txt
    684.8 KB · Views: 6
I have had no sensor error warnings.

I have calibrated the sensors with DJI Assistant.

It lands OK. It gives a warning when I try to land back on a table that I took off from with precision landing enabled. Which would seem to tell me the sensors are working.

However, when it's hovering, it does not react when I put a hand underneath. No warnings or movement.

I have attached a recent flight log.

Will tag @sar104 and @BudWalker and see if they might be ok to check that out, maybe they can see something going on.
Some of the other budding analysts might also take a look.
You tried the sensor test with your hand in this flight ? At what stage, after take off or when landing ?
(You might need to do a special flight of a minute or so, and just constantly do the hand underneath, so it can be checked more precisely ?)

It nay sound stupid but i had that happen once and only once. I put it down to not putting my hand far enough under the MPP! Not had a problem since.

Reactions: Thomas B
Is this the correct one?

Attachments

• 20-01-24-09-53-53_FLY093.DAT
    5.6 MB · Views: 7
I had the same issue about a year ago or so. I never had log analyzed, so I’m unsure exactly what it was but I did re-flash the firmware and that fixed it for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007