DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP Video/Photo quality help

sclm007

Reactions
Brand new flyer and have taken my new MPP out a few times now. The quality of both video and photo’s have been less than impressive. Have played with several of the settings and have shot in 4K and 2.7. Images are soft or out of focus.

Reading the forum seems may need more time to “play” with. Any other advice?

Could issue be with PC monitor or computer as both are a few years old.

Did you tap the screen or set the focus manually?

Yes.

In photo and video output looks grainy and out of focus. Hoping it is me not setting correctly vs camera broken.

Is there a commonly used process to rule out one or the other? Thanks

Snapshot DJI_0019.jpg Adjusted and re-calibrated Gimbal and IMU today and put my MPP up to test. Took a few snapshots and short video. My focus got better but still not great or Like anything I see on YouTube (in terms of clarity). Still very soft images (too me). See attached as example. I am expecting to be able to read license plate on the cars, is that unrealistic? Even if unrealistic expecting the image to be a lot sharper. ..

Shoot 2.7K 30fps and setting +1, -1, -1.

Thanks in advance for advice/ suggestions.

Did you remove all the shipping plastic including the little red one on the gimble?

View attachment 27544 Adjusted and re-calibrated Gimbal and IMU today and put my MPP up to test. Took a few snapshots and short video. My focus got better but still not great or Like anything I see on YouTube (in terms of clarity). Still very soft images (too me). See attached as example. I am expecting to be able to read license plate on the cars, is that unrealistic? Even if unrealistic expecting the image to be a lot sharper. ..

Shoot 2.7K 30fps and setting +1, -1, -1.

Thanks in advance for advice/ suggestions.
1080P 30fps and setting -2, +1, +1

Did you remove all the shipping plastic including the little red one on the gimble?

You said something about a little red one on the gimbal? My MPP has a little yellow tab sticking out above the camera my Other MPP Has the same tab but it’s red! I didn’t want to mess with it since it’s in a area that would require me to force the camera upside down to see what it’s attached to! Is this tab supposed to stay there?

You said something about a little red one on the gimbal? My MPP has a little yellow tab sticking out above the camera my Other MPP Has the same tab but it’s red! I didn’t want to mess with it since it’s in a area that would require me to force the camera upside down to see what it’s attached to! Is this tab supposed to stay there?

Top of gimbal, have read yes it can stay, as it protects the gimbal form touches on the body when calibrating.
Of course you need to remove any protective film from camera and sensors . . . it's so long ago, I remember the sensors filmed, not the camera lens though, assume it would have had one on for protection.

Top of gimbal, have read yes it can stay, as it protects the gimbal form touches on the body when calibrating.
Of course you need to remove any protective film from camera and sensors . . . it's so long ago, I remember the sensors filmed, not the camera lens though, assume it would have had one on for protection.

Ok thanks the instructions weren’t very clear when I unboxed it! I thought I might have missed something! Actually I did at first I didn’t see the plastic on the forward sensors till my second flight I’m glad the first one was just a couple minutes I don’t know what would have happened if I flew it any distance with them covered! Dji should have a better first flight checklist to make sure new owners don’t miss anything!

Reactions: ThePaulius
I just pulled everything off that was bolted on haha

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S