Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP vs. Mini 2

Which is objectively better?

• Total voters

eligri

Reactions
Hey'a!

So done some digging, and seems like the MPP (used) is roughly the same price as a Mini 2 (new). How would they compare?

Seems like:
MPP has better sensors
Mini 2 has better camera and range

Same/similar flight time.

Please keep opinions factual, no "feel like" ;)

Cheers

i dont have a Mini2 but i have a MPP and a Mini1 i use them for different purposes, and i have always said IMO,the MPP is the best mavic to date, with regards to reliability ,and longevity,and ongoing operating costs

Reactions: mereflyer
So you're thinking of buying one or the other ?

You may struggle finding batteries for the MPP (or M1P) now, maybe take that into consideration.
If there are any OEM ones out there, they will likely be the Platinum ones, and they will probably be rare in the near future.

I've only ever owned the M1P (from just after release in 2017), and a short while later a Spark.
Both in my opinion are pretty bombproof drones (ha maybe not literally).

The M1P / MPP is still the only DJI drone that is fully featured in the old Go4 app.
Hmm, that's another thing to consider, do you prefer the Go4 format or Fly ?

The MPP would certainly be usable a lot more of the time due to its stability in wind.
Not sure if the Mini 2 is better than the original, or if it has had similar issues with blow aways in stronger wind, I haven't been following the crash / flyaway section of the forum like I used to.

The mini is of course more portable.

I'm not sure the sensors are any better on the MPP as compared to the Mini / Mini 2, but the M1P / MPP only had the front and bottom sensors.
Sensors have limitations, I guess knowing what they are to avoid problems is best, some testing on various trees / foliage is worth the effort to work out what it can pick up, and what it can't.

Really they are simply 2 different drones, probably suited to individual pilots wants / needs.

Will probably go for a used Air2, as it seems to be the best bang for the buck :)

I honestly think that's what I'd go for if I was in the market for a new drone right now.

Range / better signal connection with trees etc.
Darn good stability / wind handling.
Less sensors than others (I'm not a fan of them, at least too many).
Decent flight time.
Batteries, hopefully will be around for a long while yet.

They are noisier than my M1P, and probably the MP2, but stealth props probably help with a lower pitch (less annoying to other people passing by).

The Mini 2 is vastly superior to the Mini in terms of clarity of transmission and range, stability motor strength and battery power. The mini feels like a little tank in the air yet still nimble and portable.
That being said, the used Air 2 is a great deal. Cheaper and containing most of the important features in the Air 2S sans the 1 inch sensor and some other features the Air 2 is a better drone...the Mini 2, however is just so darn much fun!!! . I have ordered the Air 2 as well as an additional Mini 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143