DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MS ICE Help Needed

Les Sullivan

Reactions
Hello and thank you for all the advice on this forum.

I have enjoyed producing spherical panoramas with my Mavic 2 Zoom and the .jpg files automatically generated are quite extraordinary. No problems there at all.

What I have not been able to do, however, is manually stitch the .dng raw files that have been saved and which might give me a better quality result.
There are 25x .dng images saved and I have failed miserably to stitch them with any success to achieve the .jpg result that the clever little drone can do all by itself!! (I like a challenge).

MS ICE looks like a useful piece of software but I cannot get it to stitch the 25 images in a sensible order and assume that I must need to enter some specific settings that I have not been able to work out.

I also played with Hugin and failed, and also tried PtGui and floundered with Photoshop.

Ideally, someone can tell me, step by step, how to generate a 360 Spherical image that works as well as the automatically generated one. There are a few tutorials on the web but non seemed to work with the 25 images generated by the Zoom.

Incidentally, having created a spherical panorama / tiny planet, I had to find some way to share it, preferably free, and after a lot of searching found kuula Melbourn 360 October 2019 and panoraven Sharing my new 360-degree photo ?. Of the two, kuula seemed a bit better. On my PC one viewer was interesting to use - Go Pro VR Player.

Best wishes from les

Reactions: ff22 and dirkclod
Can't help ya with what you asked but checked out your 360 and took a sec but found ya. :)
Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 9.21.39 AM.png

Hello and thank you for all the advice on this forum.

I have enjoyed producing spherical panoramas with my Mavic 2 Zoom and the .jpg files automatically generated are quite extraordinary. No problems there at all.

What I have not been able to do, however, is manually stitch the .dng raw files that have been saved and which might give me a better quality result.
There are 25x .dng images saved and I have failed miserably to stitch them with any success to achieve the .jpg result that the clever little drone can do all by itself!! (I like a challenge).

MS ICE looks like a useful piece of software but I cannot get it to stitch the 25 images in a sensible order and assume that I must need to enter some specific settings that I have not been able to work out.

I also played with Hugin and failed, and also tried PtGui and floundered with Photoshop.

Ideally, someone can tell me, step by step, how to generate a 360 Spherical image that works as well as the automatically generated one. There are a few tutorials on the web but non seemed to work with the 25 images generated by the Zoom.

Incidentally, having created a spherical panorama / tiny planet, I had to find some way to share it, preferably free, and after a lot of searching found kuula Melbourn 360 October 2019 and panoraven Sharing my new 360-degree photo ?. Of the two, kuula seemed a bit better. On my PC one viewer was interesting to use - Go Pro VR Player.

Best wishes from les

Nice 360. Just one little suggestion. In Kuula you can enlarge the Tiny Planet when you are setting it up. There's a scale option so that you can almost fill the screen with that image. You can also alter UP or North or whatever. You can also edit it now, after the fact. And I found, if I view them on my phone, by moving my phone, the images scroll around and up and down - neat but can be dizzying! (g)

Check out a few of mine:

But back to the original question - I, too, have had issues trying to use other tools to assemble the 360's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada