DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple Android phones not working w/ Mavic pro

Efphoto

Reactions
So I have a Mavic Pro that I've been using since day 1with an IPad mini 1st or 2nd Gen I believe. Either way the IPad is having multiple issues that make it unreliable to work with my Mavic.

I was thinking of using one of my Android phones to use with the Mavic Pro. The primary is a Huawei Mate 20 pro and secondary an LG V40. When I try to use either one it will not connect to the drone. The controller works fine with the drone. I've tried to use the USB developer option with no luck on either phone. I'm also using DJI supplied cable that connects to the controller via the connector on the side of the controller. Version of software is DJI GO v4.

Since I see other posts on here with people successfully using both devices I'm 99% sure it's a user issue but I'm at a loss as to what it could be... Any suggestions?

So I have a Mavic Pro that I've been using since day 1with an IPad mini 1st or 2nd Gen I believe. Either way the IPad is having multiple issues that make it unreliable to work with my Mavic.
Your old iPad is too slow to deal with the demands the app(not the Mavic) puts on it.
QUOTE="Efphoto, post: 839226, member: 10815"]Since I see other posts on here with people successfully using both devices I'm 99% sure it's a user issue but I'm at a loss as to what it could be... Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Here's the guide for configuring an Android device:
Try another USB cable too.

on android you get a popup msg for choice what to do with the new usb connection. choose 'charging only'. the manual specifically mentions huawei with this recommendation.

The thing to remember about Android is while DJI doesn’t just say it, they make DJI GO work very well with iOS. There’s only 1 system for all Apple Mobile devices. Where with Android manufacturers don’t update to the latest OS every year and phones just get left behind. That’s why I went back to Apple. It’s just easier to deal with. The other thing that I found that has already been stated is use USB tethering with your device. WiFi for some reason was always a issue even with Galaxy devices. Most of the time going to USB kept it in check. It will come to a point though that you will either have to get a new device because it’s outdated or new OS (same thing) to keep it working.

One other idea, have you thought about using a Pixel device? At least that way you are assured of 3 years of updates and security patches direct from Google. They bypass carriers to send the latest builds and keep you going. Also there is something to be said for having pure Android. Yes the phones cost bunches, look at Apple but they work. The reason I don’t use one is I prefer to use my iPad Pro to fly with. I love having that big screen. If Google still made Pixel tablets, I’d buy one in a moment.

Good Luck to you!

The thing to remember about Android is while DJI doesn’t just say it, they make DJI GO work very well with iOS.
Just as the app also runs equally well with the Android operating system.

One other idea, have you thought about using a Pixel device? At least that way you are assured of 3 years of updates and security patches direct from Google. They bypass carriers to send the latest builds and keep you going. Also there is something to be said for having pure Android. Yes the phones cost bunches, look at Apple but they work. The reason I don’t use one is I prefer to use my iPad Pro to fly with. I love having that big screen. If Google still made Pixel tablets, I’d buy one in a moment.

Good Luck to you!

AndroidOne phones, like the Nokias, are free of bloatware, have an unaltered / stock OS, and as a result also get years of early OS updates. Best of all, they are budget phones, unlike the Pixels and the Apples.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ