DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple app crashes using dji go 4 yesterday

JinForTheWin

Reactions
Anyone else getting multiple crashes while using dji go on iPhone? Had the drone up for about 15 minutes and it crashed about 4 times. Running latest firmware of dji and ios 10.3.3.

Reactions: lostinspace
How did it crash? I'm still on firmware .700 and an earlier version of DJI Go. I have rock solid performance without any glitches (knock on wood).

This is another reason that DJI should just combine a tablet or device (like Crystal Sky) that's not subject to constant iOS and Android updates. There must be a frenzy of programming and bug testing every time DJI, Apple and Android supply updates.

Last sunday, this happened to me for the first time, the app was unable to work more than 20 seconds. Pretty scary with the mavic in the air. Even by itself, with the drone shut off, the app crashed every 20 seconds. I deleted it and reinstalled it and now it works fine again. I hope it will work for you!

Last sunday, this happened to me for the first time, the app was unable to work more than 20 seconds. Pretty scary with the mavic in the air. Even by itself, with the drone shut off, the app crashed every 20 seconds. I deleted it and reinstalled it and now it works fine again. I hope it will work for you!

I have had the exact same problem. I’m running all of the latest firmware and using iPhone X and I have already deleted and reinstalled the app which seemed to work for a while but now the app crashes are happening again. The strange thing is it will fly the drone just fine but when I try to review the video in my phone the app crashes after 20 seconds.

I contacted DJI support and their only suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall the app but obviously that has not solved the problem.

Has anyone found another solution?

Reactions: dchris
I am also having regular app crashes. Also noticed that interval shots function does not work. Tried on several apps, GO, GSP, and Litchi. Interval shots not working on any app. Any one else? (All current software/firmware)

Me too, today it shut down in about 20 seconds. I did deleted the app and reinstall it, I have not tried it yet with the drone but it works just running the app

Yup, had to uninstall and reinstall it. Happened yesterday for the first hopefully last time. Sucks because I was out getting some footage and the app is too big install over cellular data.

The app constantly crashed with me as well, but once I updated the latest IOS update, Voila problem solved!

Yes I had the same problem, updated to the 11.2 update........... FIXED.

I am a new user, and reading these posts make me worried. If for any reason the app crashes, does it mean it can lost signal with the drone and crash it wherever it will be? an if it crashes when you're flying what has to be done? I am using an ipad mini 4

I am a new user, and reading these posts make me worried. If for any reason the app crashes, does it mean it can lost signal with the drone and crash it wherever it will be? an if it crashes when you're flying what has to be done? I am using an ipad mini 4
No, loss of the app functionality will not cause the connection between the craft and controller to lose connection. The app has nothing to do with that.

Reactions: djoe
Can I use dji go4 and litchi app? or I will loose some waranty from DJI doing so?

No, loss of the app functionality will not cause the connection between the craft and controller to lose connection. The app has nothing to do with that.
Hmm, that's not my experience. I have had the controller stop controlling the aircraft after an app problem. Most of the time that hasn't been the case, but it has happened to me. Powering off the controller and restarting it restored the connection.

Reactions: djoe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots