DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple "button issues"

CountryGuy

Reactions
First flight-- finally.

Connected to the LG V20 phone successfully. Camera control, GPS, all indicators appear normal. However, the top/left programmable button does nothing. Top right button to switch camera modes, does nothing. Button in back to record photo or video-- nothing.

Where to start looking?

Also, during flight the phone screen just went black multiple times. Eventually came back on. Never flew more than a few hundred feet away.

Bluetooth and wifi off? Reinstalled Fly app? I had similar issues. Buttons stopped functioning intermittently and the only way to correct while aircraft was connected to the RC was to restart the Fly app. Read in another post to make sure bluetooth was off (I always turn wifi off) after reinstalling the Fly app and that seems to have taken care of the button issue. The black screen has happened to me maybe three times in something like 40 flights. The first time it scarred the crap outta me, but it came back up in less than 5 seconds. The second and third time I just waited for the feed to come back up. You always have RTH to fall back to in an emergency. Others have reported then black screen issue, so you're not alone in this. I can say with the most recent release, 1.1.5, I have had 0 black screens.

Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 10

Bluetooth and wifi off? Reinstalled Fly app? I had similar issues. Buttons stopped functioning intermittently and the only way to correct while aircraft was connected to the RC was to restart the Fly app. Read in another post to make sure bluetooth was off (I always turn wifi off) after reinstalling the Fly app and that seems to have taken care of the button issue. The black screen has happened to me maybe three times in something like 40 flights. The first time it scarred the crap outta me, but it came back up in less than 5 seconds. The second and third time I just waited for the feed to come back up. You always have RTH to fall back to in an emergency. Others have reported then black screen issue, so you're not alone in this. I can say with the most recent release, 1.1.5, I have had 0 black screens.

Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 10

I'm pretty sure wifi & BT were off, however... thinking about it I did have to restart the phone (as is usually the case with this LG phone) and somewhere along the way it's possible I missed that.

Didn't realize reinstalling the Fly app might be help in some cases. I will try that tomorrow.

Know what you mean about the reaction when the screen goes black! But in my case as well, it did come back on in what seemed like a long time but probably ten seconds or less. I'll do some more tests tomorrow making sure to implement your suggestions.

Thanks much for the input.

First flight-- finally.

Connected to the LG V20 phone successfully. Camera control, GPS, all indicators appear normal. However, the top/left programmable button does nothing. Top right button to switch camera modes, does nothing. Button in back to record photo or video-- nothing.

Where to start looking?

Also, during flight the phone screen just went black multiple times. Eventually came back on. Never flew more than a few hundred feet away.
I’ve had my buttons stop working occasionally. If I plug and unplug the usb cable they work again. I’m using the Samsung note 8.

To follow up on an old thread, I did un/re-install the Fly app as well as making sure to double check WiFi/BT were off. As of now, everything appears to be working as its supposed to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose