DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple Controllers with Air 2S

Reactions
I have just got the RC Pro controller. I have been using the stock controller with my Air 2S. I understand the controller needs to be "bound" to the aircraft for the Care Refesh coverage to apply. Once I've activated and bound the RC Pro, can I use it and the old controller interchangeably? If I get another compatible drone, can I use all my controllers interchangeably? Mostly I don't want to use the RC Pro and then not be able to use the original controller. I may want to loan my drone to another photographer, but have him use the original controller rather than the RC Pro.

You'll have to re-pair them before each use if you alternate them

Reactions: David D. Busch
You'll have to re-pair them before each use if you alternate them
Ah, good to know. Fortunately, I won't be alternating very often once I learn how to use the RC Pro. It has a lot of options.

You might also have to unbind the 'departing' controller and bind the 'arriving' controller etc. etc.. .........BUT.....are you going to give the other photographer your login details????????????

They most likely will not be able to fly a bound drone/controller etc. under their own login.
Should a claim arise things might get complicated.

Ditto FCC registrations.

Reactions: David D. Busch
You might also have to unbind the 'departing' controller and bind the 'arriving' controller etc. etc.. .........BUT.....are you going to give the other photographer your login details????????????

They most likely will not be able to fly a bound drone/controller etc. under their own login.
Should a claim arise things might get complicated.

Ditto FCC registrations.
Getting complicated. If the other photographer is a good friend I trust with my login, am I required to physically be there while he uses it?

I don't know, sorry.
I would speculate...
Think of it as if it were a car, your 'driver's license' (FCC) is probably your's, not their's and not the drone's.
Your insurance probably is 'named driver only'. If DJI found out the drone was being flown by another pilot it would probably be a get out clause for them etc. etc..
If lending the drone out I would remove any license/registration details that are required to be on the drone and make them use their own details.
"Photographer" makes it sound like they would be flying commercially which would possibly make any wrong doing liable to greater penalties.

They are all "yours". Fly em, switch em, mix em up, all good. Won't effect any warrantees as long as made by DJI. No need to unbind, it will link to the remote that's turned on. Repeat as needed.
Enjoy

I have just got the RC Pro controller. I have been using the stock controller with my Air 2S. I understand the controller needs to be "bound" to the aircraft for the Care Refesh coverage to apply. Once I've activated and bound the RC Pro, can I use it and the old controller interchangeably? If I get another compatible drone, can I use all my controllers interchangeably? Mostly I don't want to use the RC Pro and then not be able to use the original controller. I may want to loan my drone to another photographer, but have him use the original controller rather than the RC Pro.
The issue is the care-refresh package. It is BOUND to the AC, RC and owners DJI account
I bought a used Air 2s with SC and care refresh.
Brilliant idea, I bought a RC1 and sold the package w/o the SC, so I could use the SC with my M2Pro.
WHOOPS. When the buyer went to link the new controller, up came a warning about the care package, it was bound to the original owners dji account including the SC. We could bypass the warning and link to the RC1, but only 4 or 5 times, then the care package would cancel (as we understood the warning). So, he brought it back to me, we flew with the SC, all was fine. Digging down into the fly layers, we found a button to UNBIND from the dji account (lucky I had never removed the Fly app since I used DJIGo4 with M2P). After UNBINDING (which is DIFFERENT from LINKING) we then linked the AC to the RC1, and that allowed us to BIND to my buyers DJI account. The care package stays with the aircraft, and all is well in the end.
I don't know if or how this would affect the addition of the SC to the mix, but the care package might have a similar impact when changing controllers. Without the presence of the care package, it's a simple matter to switch controllers thru LINKING.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
They are all "yours". Fly em, switch em, mix em up, all good. Won't effect any warrantees as long as made by DJI. No need to unbind, it will link to the remote that's turned on. Repeat as needed.
Enjoy
See post #9 above. The FlyAway coverage is limited to loss during the use of the currently registered controller. You are limited to 5 flights with an unregistered controller, even if it is properly bound.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu