DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple Drones?

mrjohnc1

Reactions
Do most of you own multiple drones? Or do you usually sell and upgrade?
Im a newb but ive considered getting another, i just like flying, the photography part is a learning experience!!

Reactions: E90RAW
I too wondered why people spent so much on these flying cameras and then I remembered I usually upgrade my smartphone with new releases every two years.

I have always tried to keep 2. One for my back up and to just practice with.

Im a newb but ive considered getting another, i just like flying, the photography part is a learning experience!!

Good luck on trying to own one or two drones. I was a newb about 4 years ago and now at age 68, my 7th DJI drone is being shipped to me next week (MA2). I am just blown away by the technology that these drones exhibit. I keep fooling myself by saying that instead of selling them, I will give them to our grandchildren as they get older. As you know, it is a blast flying and taking great photos/videos. Let Er fly and have fun!!

Im afraid the bug is biting me, its like i need another one. I have a (MA2) coming as well, but now i want the mini or Phantom too.?
My humble suggestion, coming from a guy who’s gone too many, too soon...hold off on the next purchase until you’ve flown your MA2 a few weeks. I’m not saying it’s going to dissuade you from the next purchase, but it’s going to better steer your buying decision. You may still want a Mini, but your goals may change to where you’re telling us you’re now shopping for an Inspire or Matrice.

And yes, I have multiple drones, and I only sell something when my wife finds out I spent heavy coin on something like the Moverio BT-300. ?

If you do get a different one. M2Z and M2P offer different photography benefits. Or go a little crazy and get a Mavic Enterprise with infrared camera and spot lights and speaker. Oh yea!!

Im afraid the bug is biting me, its like i need another one. I have a (MA2) coming as well, but now i want the mini or Phantom too.?
If you have a Air2 coming I would get a Phantom to experience that. I’m getting the Air2 also to replace the mini
for my back up. Unless of course you just want to play with it.
Dont get me wrong the Mini is nice but beleave after you fly the Air2 you would be disappointed.JMO

I've kept my Mavic 1 Pro after buying a Mavic 2 Pro but it's only as a backup, I only use the M2P because it serves all my needs. It's small enough to easily carry with me so I don't need anything smaller and any of the bigger drones are just too big for my use.

Reactions: Peterson
Just talked with a guy tonight at the RC park i go to and he had 2 Mavic pros 2 he flies.
He claims he likes it so well he bought another? He said he considered a mini as a second but loved his Mavic Pro 2's?

Just talked with a guy tonight at the RC park i go to and he had 2 Mavic pros 2 he flies.
He claims he likes it so well he bought another? He said he considered a mini as a second but loved his Mavic Pro 2's?

He may have a pro and a zoom, so best of both worlds with option of camera to use.

I love my original M1P still, and the Spark is just a joy to fly.
Drove home yesterday 750km, and had the Spark with me for convenience, did 3 great flight locations and it got me some great video and photos.

Don't think I'd bother selling either, even when I do get a new drone with the tech and package I really like.
You just have to fly them now and again to keep the batteries and systems in good health, 'use it or lose it' type of thing.

I've owned multiple drones over the years. My 1st digital camera purchased in 1997 was the Sony, Mavica (notice a at end). It used a 3 1/4 " floppy disk to record images. As with all my cameras and first 3 DJI drones, I pass them along to relatives or friends who will appreciate and use them. One cousin went on to get his BA in Photography / Videography.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60