DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple MM's at the same time

jimzpsd

Reactions
I know I can fly my rc helicopters with other pilots at the field at the same time (normally ten or more). But what about the MM? I realize they are on 2.4 gHz, but the WI-FI thing confuses me. So can this be done safely with others? Thanks

Isn't the MM exclusively on 5Ghz in the US? Plenty of channels in that band.

Even with encoding, you can get transmission collision on the same channel. What can't happen is for one controller bound to one drone to suddenly control another, but they can deteriorate each other's signal. No different than too many WiFi access points close together.

Reactions: old man mavic
you are correct ,my flying buddy decided to walk across in front of me with both our drones in the air ,flying in a valley at different heights to each other and for a brief moment as he passed me i had signal loss on my screen message then it regained signal as he moved away,i called him a few choice names at the time

you are correct ,my flying buddy decided to walk across in front of me with both our drones in the air ,flying in a valley at different heights to each other and for a brief moment as he passed me i had signal loss on my screen message then it regained signal as he moved away,i called him a few choice names at the time
"a few choice names"...like "Friend", "Buddy" "Hey You" .......right? LOL ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702