DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Muriwai Beach, New Zealand

ChrisSnellUK

Reactions
All new to drone flying but starting to get a hang of things. Here is a quick video I put together of a flight over the beach a few nights ago in New Zealand. Enjoy!

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
Well done! In a few weeks i'm traveling to New Zealand for a 2 week hiking tour and will take both my Mavic and Spark. Would you say NZ is "drone friendly"? Were there many restrictions on where you could fly? Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Well done! In a few weeks i'm traveling to New Zealand for a 2 week hiking tour and will take both my Mavic and Spark. Would you say NZ is "drone friendly"? Were there many restrictions on where you could fly? Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated! Thanks.
NZ is only somewhat "drone friendly". There are several 'no fly' zones, especially around the major cities - see https://app.airshare.co.nz/app/apps/airspaceMap/
Also, you need permission from land owners/managers. For public land, not all land managers have given permission; see FAQs Answered for Tourists Bringing Drones to New Zealand | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs , and, in particular, Property Owner Consent Information | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs

NZ is only somewhat "drone friendly". There are several 'no fly' zones, especially around the major cities - see https://app.airshare.co.nz/app/apps/airspaceMap/
Also, you need permission from land owners/managers. For public land, not all land managers have given permission; see FAQs Answered for Tourists Bringing Drones to New Zealand | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs , and, in particular, Property Owner Consent Information | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs
Thanks very much for the very useful information - I have already checked out the airshare NZ hub and found it to be very helpful. I live close to Dulles Airport in Northern Virginia and somewhat experienced in dealing with no-fly zones and other restrictions. Looking forward to a great visit that will hopefully include some aerial photography!

All their national parks have full drone bans.
We saw signs all through parks we walked for all of Feb this year around Queenstown / Te Anau.
Thanks for the heads-up - I fully intend to respect the "law of the land" and will be sure any and all flights are legal.

Thanks for the heads-up - I fully intend to respect the "law of the land" and will be sure any and all flights are legal.

Yes a great pity, but understandable as some areas are just too pristine and enjoyed by walkers for the noise impacts . . . On animals too of course.

Still PLENTY of areas outside these parks to film :)
The coastline alone is superb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S