DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Music in DJI Fly app flagged by YT

MassCoyote

Reactions
I almost always edit my videos in DJI Fly app before uploading to YouTube.

Recently, one of my videos got flagged by YT for using copyrighted music. I’m currently disputing this claim but was wondering if you ever had this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

The video is Click here…

What is the music? Where did you get the music? Why did you not give the music credit in the video?
What are the details of the copyright infringement message? Did YouTube claim it was replacing the music? What is for all countries or just select countries?

What does DJI Fly app have to do with your music choice? I have never seen that option to add music from the Fly App.

Music options are built into the DJI Fly app video editing section. In the app under Album/Create… etc. DJI Fly app comes with over two dozen music choices. (See pics for example)

27796799-705C-4BD4-8F2E-1DE72D14B1AA.jpg7D67F420-65D0-40B4-94A5-380B831928E8.jpg

Can you use the music for commercial purposes? Do you need to credit the source?

Can you use the music for commercial purposes? Do you need to credit the source?
According to DJI, you can use their music for recreational use. I don’t use my drone for commercial purposes.

I have had automated copyright infringement notices from YouTube and I have successfully challenged. That's why it is so important to know the exact statement from YouTube and what automated action has been taken.

Reactions: MassCoyote
Posting on YouTube can automatically be considered commercial by YouTube. Again, the exact wording from YouTube is what matters at this point.

Well that explains it, I never used the App to edit video. Never knew it was even there. Think I will just stick with my large screen monitor and PC.

There are multiple variations to the copyright infringement notice from YouTube, so, unless we know the details it may not be the DJI music. Some infringements are specific country related, others are song related, and others actually have the infringement claim music related. In this specific case we have no clue.

I had a subscription to epidemic sound a couple of years ago. Some of my videos with music downloaded from epidemic sound got flagged and I had to argue with them that I had every right to use it.

I almost always edit my videos in DJI Fly app before uploading to YouTube.

Recently, one of my videos got flagged by YT for using copyrighted music. I’m currently disputing this claim but was wondering if you ever had this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

The video is Click here…
My recommendation would be not to use the Fly app for editing and creating videos and not to use the music the app has to offer.
Your videos could be much higher quality using a better video editor.
The Fly app editor is nice for beginners to learn how the basics of video editing works, but now that you’re posting on YouTube, your videos deserve much better.

Keep up the good work!
I just Subscribed 👍

There are multiple variations to the copyright infringement notice from YouTube, so, unless we know the details it may not be the DJI music. Some infringements are specific country related, others are song related, and others actually have the infringement claim music related. In this specific case we have no
My recommendation would be not to use the Fly app for editing and creating videos and not to use the music the app has to offer.
Your videos could be much higher quality using a better video editor.
The Fly app editor is nice for beginners to learn how the basics of video editing works, but now that you’re posting on YouTube, your videos deserve much better.

Keep up the good work!
I just Subscribed 👍
Thanks. I use the Fly app because I edit everything on my phone. I’m physically disabled and for now, cannot afford a laptop.

Received a response from YT indicating they’re keeping the copyright on my video. I did some research on “HAAWK for a third party” and it seems they’re a scam company claiming copyright infringements on numerous peoples videos. Haven’t found a solution although I’ll probably take the video down and swap out the music.

7A593BB1-5F66-41B6-B10D-25CC7EB3A535.jpeg

Did YouTube leave the music in the video or remove the video? Details really do matter.
What was the title of the music you added?
What was the title of the video?
I think there are a lot of automated claims.
If you have a right to use the music then you should provide details to YouTube.
It looks like you already removed the video.

I had provided all the details to YT when I appealed. I have now removed the video, changed the music and re-uploaded it.

Reactions: AZDave
Googling this HAAWK bunch the internet is full of complaints about them scamming tons of people on Youtube. I am really surprised Youtube is letting them get away with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98