Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Narration only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both but with soft music in background

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Paulf10

Reactions
I’ve seen some really nice videos that I felt were ruined by the playing of loud music that added nothing to the video. Of course OPM (other peoples music) is strictly a mater of choice. In many cases I hated the music that was selected, but that’s just me and my taste in music. I thought it was a shame because a lot of these videos were done by talented flyers and post production editors.

My choice is for soft music in the background with a narrative explaining the video. However that’s just my opinion! I’m curious what other think.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I voted for music only. If narration is needed it could be done with titles and captions. The choice of music will always be tricky. Most of us hate our parents music and our kids music, it’s a generational thing. Simple, soft instrumental music is the best tradeoff.

I voted for both the soft background music & narration. Many times posters will use captions but they flash by so quickly you have to stop and "rewind" the video to read them. I also do closed caption when I post a video if narration is being done. One thing IMHO I find annoying is narration and the person speaking so softly you cannot hear them clearly.

Reactions: Paulf10
I usually turn the music off. Making a interesting video is really difficult and IMO needs editing in different types of video, narration and effects to produce something I don't want to turn off within the first few minutes. If you want to do it right look how Aerial America does it. To me I find most videos that are already too long seem even longer with music only. Sometimes it's nice to have some information or comedy to break up a stale video. One type of video I can watch with music only is somebody flying a racing drone in, out, and around stuff. But I do understand some people would feel put off by certain types of music.

Although I have a couple friends who do a great job (IMO) making videos, we all have different tastes. Here is a non aircraft blog type video, but it gives you an idea of using different equipment can do. If they would have had a good camera quad they would have used clips of points of interest whenever possible.

I’ve seen some really nice videos that I felt were ruined by the playing of loud music that added nothing to the video. Of course OPM (other peoples music) is strictly a mater of choice. In many cases I hated the music that was selected, but that’s just me and my taste in music. I thought it was a shame because a lot of these videos were done by talented flyers and post production editors.

My choice is for soft music in the background with a narrative explaining the video. However that’s just my opinion! I’m curious what other think.
In my opinion, most of us do not have professional radio announcer voices! I've never used a voice on my videos. For me, it is best to use titles or if a longer narrative is required, then a scrolling explanation action. Loud music really is a turn off for me. So is jazzy or metallic music. I think the selection of music is a very important part of the film. Music tracks can make or break a movie. (Think "Our of Africa," or Sophie's choice."). I spend a very long time selecting music track and I pay a monthly fee to Musicbed.com to go through many many tracks before I am satisfied with the music.

Reactions: Paulf10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929