DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Air 2 did something funny yesterday.

Tentoes

Reactions
I wanted a shot of me walking up this long, clear path, so I put Selah, my MA2 into active track and set the remote on a stone bench. Then I walked about 150 meters and she followed me quite handily. I turned around and started back, figuring she'd just follow me back to the remote, and she started to follow me, but about 50 meters down, I noticed she was not behind me any more. I turned to see what was up, and she was landing in the weeds. Battery? When I picked her up, she had 3 LEDS on and 1 blinking, so she had plenty of battery. In fact I flew her some more on that battery. Temperature was about 50F (10C). Of course I was barefoot, do you even need to ask?

It was later than I had planned and the sun was going down, so I shot a few clips of going back to my foolish carriage and went home.

Guess I should upload the log. Um, yes. First flight yesterday.

Reactions: Pilotti100
Not familiar with the MA2 exactly, but check your settings for when it gets disconnected (if it disconnected somehow)... I think default is to land?

Could be. I've noticed some setting set strangely since the last update.

Could be. I've noticed some setting set strangely since the last update.
It is always good practice that when you have your settings where you like screen shot each settings tab (Including advance tabs) After any update use them for reference to verify or adjust them back..Some firmwares will change nothing, many times it resets things to default. Good procedural plan and should be followed to prevent issues :)

It is always good practice that when you have your settings where you like screen shot each settings tab (Including advance tabs) After any update use them for reference to verify or adjust them back..Some firmwares will change nothing, many times it resets things to default. Good procedural plan and should be followed to prevent issues :)

Right. There are zillions of settings, any of them likely to change at any update, and we've seen new settings get set strangely when they're introduced. I'm an old software guy and would give the DJI developers a hard stare for that. You don't want the new version to do something the existing users are not going to expect.

Not familiar with the MA2 exactly, but check your settings for when it gets disconnected (if it disconnected somehow)... I think default is to land?
But how would it disconnect? He said he was only 150M away from the controller. And if it did disconnect wouldn't it RTH and not just land?

But how would it disconnect? He said he was only 150M away from the controller. And if it did disconnect wouldn't it RTH and not just land?
Lots of reasons to disconnect , blocked signal , Rc losing power , some external interference ...as for rth no that’s not necessarily what it would do depending on settings .. also did it actually set a rth ..maybe not enoug satellites etc ..we need to see the logs

also did it actually set a rth ..maybe not enoug satellites etc ..we need to see the logs
It must have set a homepoint.
The drone records its homepoint as soon as it has good GPS position data.
It wouldn't have been able to fly in Active Track without good GPS data.

Lots of reasons to disconnect , blocked signal , Rc losing power , some external interference ...as for rth no that’s not necessarily what it would do depending on settings .. also did it actually set a rth ..maybe not enoug satellites etc ..we need to see the logs
Althugh it can be changed, default action for failsafe is RTH.

Reactions: kidroc
Easier to look at logs than speculate though ...

there's always one :)

I wanted a shot of me walking up this long, clear path, so I put Selah, my MA2 into active track and set the remote on a stone bench. Then I walked about 150 meters and she followed me quite handily. I turned around and started back, figuring she'd just follow me back to the remote, and she started to follow me, but about 50 meters down, I noticed she was not behind me any more. I turned to see what was up, and she was landing in the weeds. Battery? When I picked her up, she had 3 LEDS on and 1 blinking, so she had plenty of battery. In fact I flew her some more on that battery. Temperature was about 50F (10C). Of course I was barefoot, do you even need to ask?

It was later than I had planned and the sun was going down, so I shot a few clips of going back to my foolish carriage and went home.

Guess I should upload the log. Um, yes. First flight yesterday.
I wouldn’t ever put my remote down and walk away.

Right. There are zillions of settings, any of them likely to change at any update, and we've seen new settings get set strangely when they're introduced. I'm an old software guy and would give the DJI developers a hard stare for that. You don't want the new version to do something the existing users are not going to expect.

The setting for signal loss is already "return to home."
I wouldn’t ever put my remote down and walk away.

Don't have a subject. Wanted a video of myself hiking without carrying the camera equipment.

Maybe she was broken hearted, thinking I was leaving her.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000