DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Air 2S won't zoom.

DEads

Reactions
So I had my second flight with my Air 2S today and again I was unable to use any zoom function for video. I noticed it on my first flight, but I only flew for about 10 minutes so I thought that maybe I just did something wrong. The Mavic Air 2 I could zoom with the FN button and wheel and was under the impression it worked the same way. Looking at video, I only have the options for normal and slow motion. I am pretty sure the MA2 had a zoom option there as well. I have tried to manually zoom by tapping and holding down on the screen. I can move the gimbal this way, but not zoom. I tapped the AF and MF with no results, there are no numbers indicating the zoom X beside the record button like there should be. I have literally tried every quality and framerate and NONE of them give me a zoom option. I have restarted my ipad mini 5th gen. That didn't work so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still to no avail. Has anyone seen this issue, or is there something so obvious that I am missing it?no zoom 1.jpgno zoom 2.jpg

I have also connected my drone to my phone. I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Same thing on it. I am not getting the zoom functions.

Are you in d-log? I don't think you can zoom in that colour profile. Try changing over to normal and see if you can then zoom.

I don't have the S2, but I did upgrade the app and the zoom options are in the RES & FPS area at the bottom of the screen when in NORMAL video mode.

Not sure if this helps, just an observation.

Cheers.

what do they say RTFM :rolleyes:

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Are you in d-log? I don't think you can zoom in that colour profile. Try changing over to normal and see if you can then zoom.
Sweet, thanks that was driving me crazy because I was playing with the zoom before my 1st flight (but it di help me to remember to bind my drone)...thx again

How do you Zoom without using the screen?

How do you zoom slowly to 4 times ? I canonly see 2x 4x and not how you zoom from 0 to 4 times in incremental numbers.

How do you Zoom without using the screen?

How do you zoom slowly to 4 times ? I canonly see, 2x 4x and not how you zoom from 0 to 4 times in incremental numbers.

If the MA2s is like the MA2, hold down the Fn button while turning the gimbal wheel.

Rather than the camera tilting, it will zoom in and out.

I think that is one the benefits of the Smart Controller, it has two wheels to zoom and tilt at the same time.

Thank you, i thought the FN could only suport 2 actions, i will try it out ;)

Thank you, i thought the FN could only suport 2 actions, i will try it out ;)

Just make sure to HOLD the Fn button down at the same time when fiddling with the wheel.

Good luck. ?

How do I find "D-Log" on my smart controler please
Camera settings...3 dots on the upper right of the screen then go to camera. The available settings will be different for the current mode ( still or video) ...A quick google search for "camera settings in Fly app" will give you plenty of info. The Fly app's functions are the same in the SC (smart controller) and regular remote!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1