DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Brand New Mavic 3 Post

alby648509

Reactions
Well it's a sad day. It was a gorgeous late afternoon yesterday and I decided to finally turn on my Mavic three cinema edition set up. I got everything set up I did every update available I volume to two controller in the plane to the account and I began to test it out. I was on a very flat area other than some trees that averaged about 35 feet high if that And I began flying very slow very close circles and some climbs and descend actions and and I found that it was flying very well other than the Gimbal was going up and down up and down up and down and was very difficult to get back to where I started because the returning home didn't seem to be working properly at the time. Shortly after what can I do everything started to work and the signals really didn't change but everything kicked in and worked. I got called back and I resent her to gamble recalibrated everything and took off again. Everything seem to be working well the gimbal issues were over and I was getting good transmission . When I was sitting on my takeoff point, I launched and set home point which responded that the home point was updated. I flew around some circles and things seem to be much better so I took it out about 1800 feet from where I was at about 196 feet 200 feet high. Things were going good and the battery was at about 70% and I was checking out some things and then decided to head back. As I was heading back it was dusk but it was a bit darker than it was when I took off but everything was working fine and I had no issues with vision errors. I got to about 1250 feet away where I can see it and it just stops and I tried to move different ways I tried to two different things and it did nothing. I then began to get worried and I hate to return to home at that point it seem to be coming closer and I have much more visibility. A quad then stopped again as I walked out to a perfectly clear area of view. I try to move around into different areas so get some response right before this happened although my signals were good and everything was OK it came up with a very fast in violation of aerospace and I immediately lowered my altitude and it went away instantly. I then started to try to come closer and it began to move a little bit and started to come towards us and then diverted to the left and just started going at about 200 feet from where it was it stopped again. I had absolutely no response at this time whatsoever I tried every possible scenario and got nowhere. The quad then became out of my view and I no longer had any control of it. I sat for over an hour and a half to see if by some chance it would come back in lines but no luck . I am deeply upset about this and I have begun the steps to report it to DJI. I really hope they don't give me a problem with this after spending **** near $6000 on a set up. It's just crazy it really is. When I bought it I didn't even attempt to fly for a few months until the updates were fixed and the bugs were taken care of supposedly. To have this happen exactly as I feared made me question, whether or not it was even worth it to spend that much money. I love scenery and I love the beautiful sites around where I live and I got this to take wonderful images of that, as well as videos that I can enjoy and watch and see extremely clear. I am not some awesome pilot or pro pilot of any kind. I just continue to try to find something that I enjoy that does what I imagined it to do. I have over 12 DJI drones going from the spark all the way to the Mavic 3 actually if you really want to go out it I actually started from the spark in Tello when it was released and then got everything in between and after. In some cases I want more than one like the air 2S which I have three Mavic Pro I have two I have the Mavic pro two as well as the zoom the phantom four spark air mini one two of the mini twos and a few more.
This happened once to me with an auto drone and I got them to take care of it and at that point is when I went with DJI but at this point I can't figure out whether it's fear or just common sense that I am afraid if the fact occurs that they don't feel like doing anything about this even though I have the coverage I'm not sure quite what will happen. I will definitely tell you if I get no resolution from this may be a game changer to the entire situation honestly. The renewal of the care refresh for every one of these drones that I have as you can imagine is a very expensive bill annually . With the money I gave DJI over the last three years I could not imagine as a business anybody would let that go if you add up the thousands of dollars I spent with them it will be a number that even myself would not want to see.

I really hope they don't give me a problem with this after spending **** near $6000 on a set up
I think it's going to come down to what your TXT flight log shows. Anything helpful in there?

Sorry I read it twice , does it come down to where you were flying in a geo zone and than lost the drone.'
Did you attempt to use the Find me feature .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I think it's going to come down to what your TXT flight log shows. Anything helpful in there?
Believe it or not I'm going to have to figure out how to do that and I sure hope there's records there because I did not have a SanDisk in the quad but I did have one in the RC pro controller and I was taking pictures but I am hoping that there's a log. I just have to figure out how to retrieve that I'm using a 12 promax iPhone and I'll have to just try to hook it to a computer I guess. The whole thing is just got me with my head down and hands on my head. I really thought that it was ready for me to fly and that these type of issues would not happen again with this unit . I wonder if anybody else had any of the gimbal issues where the gimbal would get stuck and just keep going up and down but once I reset it that worked. Hopefully that doesn't have an issue because I also had a trouble seeing the GPS map anytime I blew it to full size it just turned into white wash . It was difficult to see the exact GPS location on the small square at the bottom well I would see was an arrow that's why I expanded it to look at it better. Well I'm gonna be filling out the report in a few minutes after I figure out how to get this log file. I am upstate with family in upstate New York and I thought it would be the superb location because the mountains here are so high and everything else is below you and there's a lot of area of sight. Before this happened I got out about 2575 feet or so and was doing some pictures and looking around at different things and then is when I came back it started acting a little weird at around 1500 feet away and then once I hit around 1200 something everything went berserk even though I saw it. Thank you for the reply

I'm going to have to figure out how to do that and I sure hope there's records there because I did not have a SanDisk in the quad but I did have one in the RC pro controller
The TXT flight log is stored on the mobile device (or remote controller in your case). The DAT flight log on the drone contains more information, but that's not going to be an option unless you can find the drone. And even then, you'll need to send that DAT flight log to DJI for more details since it cannot be decrypted.

You can find instructions for retrieving the TXT flight log near the bottom of this page.

Definitely following this to see logs and interpretations of those logs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots