DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My camera came off gimbal...Looking fort help

Skyler King III

Reactions
I was shooting indoor (with prop CAGES), Mavic (despite cages) (it was in TRIPOD mode) SLOWLY bumped into call and fell 5 feet onto carpet. Camera seems to have "come off" gimbal, seems like no broken parts. How do I (if at all) get it back inlace? See link...

Thanks for the VERY FAST response ! I didn't see any screws or shock absorber. Do I send that someplace for repair? Should I look more thoroughly on carpet where it fell??

It's impossible to say that you only need a vibration plate just by looking at it. From now until the time it is back in the air, treat the gimbal very gently and try not to put any tension on either of the connecting wires. Keep the gimbal as close to its original position as possible when handling it. Without that gimbal plate, the gimbal is just dangling like a loose tooth.

First thing to check is if you are getting video feed and gimbal motor movement, and check for error messages in the DJI Go app.

You can power up the Mavic, hold the by its pitch arm (yellow circle) between your fingers, near as you can to it's original position, and see if if moves around and then gives video feed and any errors in the DJI Go app. At minimum, you are going to need a gimbal vibration plate, but if you are not getting video feed, and/or gimbal movement or any error messages, it means that the gimbal ribbon cable or silver stranded cable might have broken too.

Try the above and let us know what happens.

Broken gimbal plate.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgofsky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000