DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My distance and height have been restricted?

Blind T

Reactions
My max altitude is set at 120M. I am not in beginner mode, I didn't change any settings, I am not in a restricted area according to the DJI map, yet my MP will not go higher than 30 M or farther than 50M. Is this DJI's doing through the app?

Check out this video:

What FW version?
A few updates ago you should have had a screen that told you about the limits after the upgrade if you did not sign into your DJI account.

If you have done all that then wondering if your Mavic is not on your account correctly somehow?

Check out this video:

Thanks for sending this. I love this site! I always fly with my phone, but, if I am understanding this correctly, I can be using the app without being logged in to DJI? And logging in will restore my distances? I really appreciate the help.

You must be logged into the DJI GO app in order to lift the restrictions. Once you login in a location where you have an Internet connection, the DJI GO app should stayed logged in as long as you don't reinstall it and/or manually log out.

Reactions: RobP62
You must be logged into the DJI GO app in order to lift the restrictions. Once you login in a location where you have an Internet connection, the DJI GO app should stayed logged in as long as you don't reinstall it and/or manually log out.
Oh I'm logged in alright, I think it is like Path Finder said, there must be new restrictions in my area, when I check for restrictions on the app, there are none, but when I am ready to fly and I enlarge the map on the lower left of my screen, it shows an f- ing circle! Now I can't look for coyotes in the field behind my house before I let my dog out.

Sorry I'm confused - are you able to take off but get height and distance limits, or are you not able to take off at all?

If I'm following correctly the OP can fly, just not the height wanted to get a good view. (?) The "update" did what they wanted, which for safety might be good for everyone. But I'm lost as the the restriction follows for what is set when you don't log in, not what it seems the limit would be for a nearby airport. (?)

If I'm following correctly the OP can fly, just not the height wanted to get a good view. (?) The "update" did what they wanted, which for safety might be good for everyone. But I'm lost as the the restriction follows for what is set when you don't log in, not what it seems the limit would be for a nearby airport. (?)

Correct. If there is a height/distance restriction it is still not seeing him as logged in. If there is a NFZ showing up on the map and it is one of the red circle ones then he would be unable to take off. For the problem in the thread title, might have to log off then log back on, or possibly re-install the Go4 app to get the restrictions cleared.

Reactions: Path Finder
I am pretty sure I am doing everything correct, (logged in, settings etc.) Here is what I realized. The NFZ map on the app says I am good to go, but when I fly, the map on the lower left corner, when expanded, shows I am in a restricted zone (not red but restricted) I will be able to confirm as soon as my new gimbal clamp gets here because I am not traveling without one. These restrictions came on about a week ago. It is a serious drag because I back onto a ravine and I love to look for and film coyotes. It also bugs me because I am a responsible flyer and do not need a remote drone nanny...... but I also get that some people do. .which is unfortunate.

Well cant fly in my area higher then 30 meters and further then 50 meters away now even though I am not in a restricted zone.
And this all changed before new update.
Fly fine days ago but they must have installed backdoor restrictions earlier that took effect July first or something.

Fly your drone:
  • below 90 m above the ground
  • at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
  • at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 1 kg up to 35 kg)
  • at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base, or areas where aircraft take-off and land)
  • at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
  • outside of controlled or restricted airspace
  • at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
  • away from areas where operation could interfere with police or first responders
  • during the day and not in clouds
  • within your sight at all times
  • within 500 m of yourself or closer
  • only if clearly marked with your name, address, and telephone number

This really sucks. I have a crane company that wants me to film a large set up. I have permission to film a ship loading heavy cargo. But I can't get high enough to go over or even the length of the ship.
It is unfortunate, but we all pay a price because a certain portion of humanity are idiots.
I am aware that drones overhead trigger angry often disproportionate responses, they can really push people's 'freak out" button.
Now I have to ask, how do I over ride the restriction?

This really sucks. I have a crane company that wants me to film a large set up. I have permission to film a ship loading heavy cargo. But I can't get high enough to go over or even the length of the ship.
It is unfortunate, but we all pay a price because a certain portion of humanity are idiots.
I am aware that drones overhead trigger angry often disproportionate responses, they can really push people's 'freak out" button.
Now I have to ask, how do I over ride the restriction?

The problem is for whatever reason it is not seeing you as logged in. In the latest firmware you must be logged in at the start of your flight and device connected to RC. If not the result is the restrictions on height and distance. Some people seem to be a) thinking they are logged in but are not, or b) something is going on in the app that is affecting this process.

To fix this you can try signing out of the app, then logging back in. That will probably do it. If not you can re-install the app at which time you will also log back in.

I have logged out and in, but I haven't trashed and reloaded the app. I believe I am in a newly designated restricted zone.

I have logged out and in, but I haven't trashed and reloaded the app. I believe I am in a newly designated restricted zone.

If you are in an actual NFZ it will not even let you take off - is that happening?

I had same problem
There was an update to Go4 app in June
I updated app from Apple apps
This may help

So much for flying out in the wilderness or the beach when you have no cell signal
Just make sure you're logged into DJI GO before you head out to fly.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123