DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My DJI History

peterc4

Reactions
Hi All, just a quick bit of history of my time with Dji.

Not complaining but can anybody else relate to my history any comments appreciated

Purchased my first Mavic pro when it came out went back to DJI twice first time was for the remote controller loosing reception that was repaired on care, the second time it fell from the sky infront of me and was badly damaged here is where I went wrong I was going on holiday 2 weeks later so accepted care so I would have it back for my holidays and was charged £75 when I got back of holiday tried to retrieve my money but was told I had admitted fault through accepting care lesson learned.

Decided then to try a Mavic Air so ordered on preorder that then went back as it would not fly further than 600 feet repaired on care sold after 6 months and pre ordered Mavic Pro 2 that went back after 6 months as gimble would not stay stable when flying side wards repaired on care then the biggie in April this year smart controller screen went grey lost connection and never seen it again see link Fly Away with dji having none of it ended up getting 30% of a new one.

So that is my DJI history from Sep 2016 to the present day not a very good one, would love to here of similar historys and yes I will be peordering a Mavic 3 the main reason being they fit in my camera bag a treat. Not overly impressed with reliability.... Thanks

my history with DJI drones PH3 standard july 2018 my first DJI drone ,then october 2018 purchased my MPP ,sold the PH3 to a friend ,a couple of weeks later, then november 2019 had the MM as a present when it first came out, touch wood no issues whatsoever with the MPP, and minor prop glitch with the MM which i fixed myself ,all my MPP batteries the original 3 plus the extra one i obtained are still all performing great, and i have had no problems with the 4 MM batteries either

I've only had a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 Pro both have which have had no issues apart from the controller battery in the M2P failing prematurely and depleting faster than it should. I'm a bit irritated DJI technical support is completely non-existent and I can't seem to get it repaired but would still consider a Mavic 3 Pro if the camera was a substantial upgrade. I'm not expecting it but always happy to be proved wrong.

I bought a Mavic Mini in Dec and recieved it on Jan 2 and I've been very happy with it for what it is. No glitches or issues of any kind that wasn't pilot induced. For my birthday I bought a Mavic Air 2 again no issues or problems and I'm very impressed with it's ability to handle wind and with the picture quality. Vacation is coming up so I'm hoping to finally spend some time with Eva. Oh yeah my wife wanted to know what name I would give my new drone (in another thread) Walle was the first one. Fitting now I think of it.

Since October 2015, i have purchased through DJI a Phantom 3 Advanced (my first DJI), DJI 550 Flywheel, Spark, Mavic Pro Alpine Edition, Tello, Tello EDU, Tello Iron Man edition, Mavic 2 Zoom, and now a Mavic Air 2 which i should receive tomorrow. To date, all (exception - Mavic Air 2, not here yet) are still being used. I have not had a single issue with DJI hardware, software, firmware, updates, or questions to DJI support. All ordered directly through DJI. The only issue I've had where I had to order a replacement fuselage for my P3A, was when i let a friend fly it and it ended crashing into a tree and fell to the ground.

I am very pleased with DJI's products and support and will continue to purchase thier products.

Happy and Safe Flying
Inno

Reactions: JCO1977
My only issue was 4 bad M2 batteries which they replaced, even though one was past warranty.

Not complaining but can anybody else relate to my history any comments appreciated

Purchased my first Mavic pro when it came out went back to DJI twice first time was for the remote controller loosing reception that was repaired on care, the second time it fell from the sky infront of me and was badly damaged here is where I went wrong I was going on holiday 2 weeks later so accepted care so I would have it back for my holidays and was charged £75 when I got back of holiday tried to retrieve my money but was told I had admitted fault through accepting care lesson learned.

Decided then to try a Mavic Air so ordered on preorder that then went back as it would not fly further than 600 feet repaired on care sold after 6 months and pre ordered Mavic Pro 2 that went back after 6 months as gimble would not stay stable when flying side wards repaired on care then the biggie in April this year smart controller screen went grey lost connection and never seen it again see link Fly Away with dji having none of it ended up getting 30% of a new one.

So that is my DJI history from Sep 2016 to the present day not a very good one, would love to here of similar historys and yes I will be peordering a Mavic 3 the main reason being they fit in my camera bag a treat. Not overly impressed with reliability.... Thanks

The same thing you have experienced has occurred with several people. The problem is everyone who has a dji drone will not ever admit 50% of there products have serious issues. but the people hiding in the closet while there on the phone with dji giving them there credit card will argue forever greatest thing ever. Here is what your going to get in return for your truth. Ohh I never heard of this ever. Pilot Error all your Fault. They can repeat it extremely well because they have heard the same thing from dji over and over.

Sounds like a string of bad luck. If that was me. DJI would be in my rear view mirror. ?.

i own a MP1 since 2017 fly more combo , no isues at all, many hours of reliable fun

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929