DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My DJI Mini 2 has survived a treewater ****

gajatko

Reactions
Hi!

I’d like to share a story because it’s incredible.

I have crashed my DJI Mini 2 into a tree at an altitude of about 50m. After dropping all the way down, it hit the ground so hard that it bounced to a rocky slope, fell into a mountain river, drifted 5 meters and sunk.

I’ve made a clickbait video out of it

Do you have similar survival stories about drones?

Cheers!

That was fantastic, and its going to be hard to beat , its also a great example of how well sealed the Camera are in the DJI drones something we have preached and shown for years. None the less its surprising the drone did not need an new board.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Pouring Rain and Land on the Water.

Hi!

I have crashed my DJI Mini 2 into a tree at an altitude of about 50m. After dropping all the way down, it hit the ground so hard that it bounced to a rocky slope, fell into a mountain river, drifted 5 meters and sunk.

Cheers!

That was pretty amazing that you kept getting a video signal!

That was pretty amazing that you kept getting a video signal!
I've lost a video signal when it dropped into the water. The video in the movie was recovered from the SD card. The file was corrupted but I managed to restore and reencode it.

Reactions: tlswift58
Hi!

Cheers!
Lol. That's epic!

? that was awesome, glad it survived and the under water footage was great. Cool sounds. :)

Hi!

Cheers!
Amazing

Wow! Amazed how long it kept recording under the water and survived! Plus the successful recoveries it made in the tree before finally plunging.

Hi!

Cheers!
EXACTLY why VLOS is a key thing to have. Paying attention to the "camera" in full reverse is the SECRET for a CRASH.

Well, I've got UAVO. It's not VLOS but I know that I shouldn't do stupid things. Unfortunately, just knowing stuff doesn't prevent making mistakes which were:
  1. turning on sport mode without experience
  2. flying backwards
  3. not caring about surrounding
  4. loosing sight
Although I had an observer, it happened too fast to react.

I had a mavic air 2 crash into a tree then into a canal. I was able to grab the drone from the water (2 feet deep) in about 30 seconds. I dried it for several hours before attempting to fly it again. It still works x 8mnth since the accident. DJIs smaller drones seem to survive accidents much better than their larger drones.

Reactions: Capt KO and gajatko
Hi!

Cheers!

What happened to the video, I thought you would get 10 thousand subs. ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo