DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My dog ate my drone

Niteryder

Reactions
Well almost. She did chew it up pretty good. I was flying in my yard, my dog always goes crazy and chases it. Well I wasn’t paying attention and hit the corner of my house, the Mini went down, and my dog pounced. By the time I got to it she had really done a number on it. The worst part, my DJI care insurance lapsed the day before. The gimbal was pulled out, and the glass shield that protects the lens was shattered. It appeared to be a loss. Today I took the Mini Apart, cleaned it up, put the gimbal back in, replaced the prop blades, and tried to see if it would fly. Lo and behold, it did, everything is working as it should, and surprisingly the camera and gimbal are working perfectly.
I need to find the glass cover, I’ve googled it and just come up with the plastic cover for the gimbal. Any sources for this part any one knows of? Any assistance would be appreciated

Hey neighbor . . . sounds like you were bucking for an upgrade to the M3 Pro . . . ;)Thumbswayup‼️ I found a bunch of them on eBay (unfortunately) they ship from China. It'll take a few weeks to arrive. See link below . . .

eBay Mini 1 Replacement Glass

Hey neighbor . . . sounds like you were bucking for an upgrade to the M3 Pro . . . ;)Thumbswayup‼️ I found a bunch of them on eBay (unfortunately) they ship from China. It'll take a few weeks to arrive. See link below . . .

eBay Mini 1 Replacement Glass
Thank you! I don’t mind the wait. Yes, I’m always looking to upgrade, unfortunately my bank account isn’t as cooperative as I’d like it to be. 😜

Well almost. She did chew it up pretty good. I was flying in my yard, my dog always goes crazy and chases it. Well I wasn’t paying attention and hit the corner of my house, the Mini went down, and my dog pounced. By the time I got to it she had really done a number on it. The worst part, my DJI care insurance lapsed the day before. The gimbal was pulled out, and the glass shield that protects the lens was shattered. It appeared to be a loss. Today I took the Mini Apart, cleaned it up, put the gimbal back in, replaced the prop blades, and tried to see if it would fly. Lo and behold, it did, everything is working as it should, and surprisingly the camera and gimbal are working perfectly.
I need to find the glass cover, I’ve googled it and just come up with the plastic cover for the gimbal. Any sources for this part any one knows of? Any assistance would be appreciated
Your dog thought it was a flying bone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike