DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone has crashed, badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snir6590

Reactions
I have the mavic pro 1 week , and today it crashed(and no it's not my fault). I just turned on the mavic and the controller, set it up for flying from my balcony ( 8th floor) and I took off. I was like 6-7 meters away from.my building, and then it happend. I got an error " satellite positioning off. Fly with coution" , 20 seconds later another error "strong interference to remote controller" and then it go straight to the building in like 30mph alone by it self. nothing really left from it. I have tried to fight it back and the stick to other side, but it was like someone else was controlling it. Somebody knows what happens in cases like this ? It was not a human being fault. I'll be glad if some will help. sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• IMG_20170419_185127.jpg
    IMG_20170419_185127.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 624
Probably has to do with taking off from balcony / compass probably had errors if metal was near it, which caused the strange behavior.

Unfortunately DJI most likely will say this is a result of human error. Try and upload your flight logs.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

This is the log

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170419-193252.png
    Screenshot_20170419-193252.png
    712 KB · Views: 392
You need to upload the file to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/, so @msinger and others can help review what happened. The screen shot won't help.

Need help finding your DJI GO flight log?

For Apple devices:
See this video for instructions on retrieving your log from iTunes. After retrieving your log, click the "Browse..." button above to upload it (don't upload it at HealthyDrones.com).

For Android devices:
Connect your device to a computer via a USB cable and go to "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" (for DJI GO 3) or "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" (for DJI GO 4).

Note: If the TXT files are not visible, then install and run SD Refresh or restart your mobile device.

I have the mavic pro 1 week , and today it crashed(and no it's not my fault). I just turned on the mavic and the controller, set it up for flying from my balcony ( 8th floor) and I took off. I was like 6-7 meters away from.my building, and then it happend. I got an error " satellite positioning off. Fly with coution" , 20 seconds later another error "strong interference to remote controller" and then it go straight to the building in like 30mph alone by it self. nothing really left from it. I have tried to fight it back and the stick to other side, but it was like someone else was controlling it. Somebody knows what happens in cases like this ? It was not a human being fault. I'll be glad if some will help. sorry for my bad english.
Sorry to hear of your loss however, I beg to differ on your opinion of not being at fault. I'm quite sure many others will chime in with similar thoughts on why one should never fly from a balcony.

Reactions: Kilrah
You took off from an 8th floor balcony? How many stories high is your building?

Sorry to hear of your loss however, I beg to differ on your opinion of not being at fault. I'm quite sure many others will chime in with similar thoughts on why one should never fly from a balcony.
Not least of which is that where there's an 8th story balcony, there's liable to be people 200ft below where OPs mangled lump of plastic and metal fell.

Also was wondering how good of a GPS lock he could expect if he launched from the 8th floor of a very tall building. That was the reason for my question about the building's height. If the building is much taller than 8 floors, then the building itself could block out up to about half the sky from GPS satellite reception, which would be another reason that launching from an 8th floor balcony would be a bad idea.

I don't have a dji refresh.. and the camera is completly fine . and here in Israel it's not dji warranty.. it's an official importer that provides the warranty

You guys really don't help. I'm telling you that it moved alone , it was like someone controlled it. Ok.maybe I did a mistake by taking it off from my balcony. But I was very far from.any building and it just lost control, freak out and like crazy and just crushed into the building in full speed. Is that seems ok ?

Ok, sorry for my post above.
But honestly.
You have the Mavic one week, did you learn how to fly outside in a clear area first.
Do you know how to fly a drone without GPS lock.
Was it calibrated.
Did it have proper GPS fix.
The building will shield proper signals and do wierd things with your Drone.
Surely you know that there would be every chance of something going wrong.
To suggest it wasn't your fault would be not taking responsibility for your actions.
So again sorry for my above post but from what I can gather with even my limited experience, it was your fault by not following correct guidelines and probably breaking a number of regulations regarding operating a Drone where you did.
It is not a toy but a serious piece of hardware.
Please learn to fly somewhere safe and following the relevant guidelines and regulations.

If drone does not have good GPS lock and switches to ATTI mode, can drift along with wind, which can be at high speed. If GPS poor, compass not properly calibrated, can get confused as to where it is in space and start a toilet bowl effect drift, which can be at high speed, so flying itself into the side of a building can be 'normal' if certain sensors are having erratic/conflicting inputs.

Search TBE errors on the forum, I've experienced it myself (but over an open beach where flying 50m laterally was not a problem) - was result of poor compass calibration.

...set it up for flying from my balcony ( 8th floor) ...

...It was not a human being fault...

You need to learn from the expensive mistake, the 'human being fault' was thinking you can set it up to fly from a balcony.

When you buy a replacement please go find some nice open space and don't fly close to buildings.

Bad things happen to GPS, air currents and interference when you are too close to buildings, especially those likely to have a lot of other 2.4GHz activity...

Reactions: Pipes101
Wow. Launch from an apartment balcony is a very bad idea. If you have a good gps and the controller disconnected. How it supposed to RTH?

Reactions: mav09
Ok guys I have butchered another thread that not only went
Off Topic but being insulting to the OP.
Sorry if your post was deleted and did not fall into one of
those categories . Let's please try and be civil and stay OT.
My drone was crushed, badly.
IMG_8328.jpg

Here is the log.. thoughts ?

Attachments

• snir6590 flight data.pdf
    606.3 KB · Views: 47
i have found the TXT File , but when im uploading it, its emty.. here is the link :

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You're right. This .txt doesn't have much in it. Are you sure it's the right one? It's from a flight dated 4-19-2017 at time 18:47:57.

I agree with the other posters here, and some of the purged posts. The most likely cause is the launch site; not enough GPS signal and/or geomagnetically distorted. If you want to confirm this you'll need to retrieve the .DAT file from the Mavic; not the .dat file from the RC. To see how to do this look here. It'll be large so you'll need to Dropbox it and post a link.

Reactions: Charliepapa
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3