DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Drone Skin Find it

Nakita Mosquita

Reactions
IMG_5216.JPG
Added the gloss, skin yesterday and flew to-day to check my eyes. Easier to spot for sure especially against clouds or overcast. Gloss was a good move as when I lost it, I spun it and caught the sun and flashed. It was very bright out to-day on a frozen lake. I wasn’t sure exactly how close I was to the shore when I clipped a tree. I could hear the craft go down on the opposite side of the bay about 1/4 mile away. Terrible prop noise. Had read how to use Find my Drone. It worked perfectly. I was lucky I was not flying higher as I more likely would have crashed deeper in the bush. Still hard slugging in the snow and a good possibility it would have got hung up in a tree. Fortunately, I could hear the beeping and there she was in the snow right at the shoreline. Only one blade chipped (and since replaced). If you haven’t, become familiar with the Find My Drone procedure. You may not have time left on your battery to go back home to read it!!

Photo_6553856_DJI_256_jpg_4782145_0_202131614204_photo_original.jpg

I guess you had good news and bad news. Thankfully the good news won out and your drone safe and not too banged up. I'd imagine that new skin made it easier to locate in the snow.

Reactions: tlswift58
View attachment 125821
Added the gloss, skin yesterday and flew to-day to check my eyes. Easier to spot for sure especially against clouds or overcast. Gloss was a good move as when I lost it, I spun it and caught the sun and flashed. It was very bright out to-day on a frozen lake. I wasn’t sure exactly how close I was to the shore when I clipped a tree. I could hear the craft go down on the opposite side of the bay about 1/4 mile away. Terrible prop noise. Had read how to use Find my Drone. It worked perfectly. I was lucky I was not flying higher as I more likely would have crashed deeper in the bush. Still hard slugging in the snow and a good possibility it would have got hung up in a tree. Fortunately, I could hear the beeping and there she was in the snow right at the shoreline. Only one blade chipped (and since replaced). If you haven’t, become familiar with the Find My Drone procedure. You may not have time left on your battery to go back home to read it!!

View attachment 125822
Glad you recovered your Mini 2.
I have studied your Photo and I think I see it in the photo, about 2 meters to the left of Waldo. What do I win?

Last edited:
View attachment 125821

View attachment 125822

That orange should make it quite easy to see in snow for sure and in the air. Still looking to skin my Air2, as the gray just hides so easily - even when close by.

That orange should make it quite easy to see in snow for sure and in the air. Still looking to skin my Air2, as the gray just hides so easily - even when close by.
If you are flying in a snowy area you might consider a wet suit from Phantom Rain, they have some bright colors.

If you are flying in a snowy area you might consider a wet suit from Phantom Rain, they have some bright colors.

Don't typically have a ton of snow here in Western NC. I do do a lot of waterfalling, so that may be just a bit more protection in the long run. Will check them out.

Thanks.

Reactions: MavicMike58
Actually not because the drone was just under the surface of the snow. I heard it before I saw it.

Don't typically have a ton of snow here in Western NC. I do do a lot of waterfalling, so that may be just a bit more protection in the long run. Will check them out.

Thanks.
I live in the PNW so I'm pretty familiar with water falling, lol. That is the main reason I purchased the wet suit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54