DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My experience so far with my first Drone MA2, Day 2

Electromen

Reactions
I received the Mavic Air 2 with Fly More kit. I've had it two days.

> I registered with the FAA and applied a label with the FAA # on the Drone.
> I called my insurance company to make sure I was covered for Liability in case I hit a car or a person. I'm covered under my homeowners up to $300,000.
> I printed the Owners Manual and put it in a 3 ring binder. This has been a huge help in learning about the control systems. I started on page one, I haven't finished it yet.

> I had a problem with my iPhone X screen not showing the drone live video feed. I rebooted the phone and it worked.
> I used DJI Assistant and updated the Firmware for the Drone and all three batteries. I also calibrated the Drone. I found that a USB-C to USB-C cable did not connect the Drone to my 16" Mac Book Pro running Catalina. The DJI cable worked using a Thunderbolt 3 to USB adapter. New MacBook Pros do not have USB ports, only Thunderbolt 3 ports.

> I only flown it for about 90 minutes so far. As you know the views are amazing.
> I posted some simple video to Vimeo. The file straight from the camera is very large at 4K. I used Adobe Premier Elements to upload to Vimeo at 1920x1080.
> I ordered a hard case from Empire Drone. I like the design and the layout.

> My grandkids have done most of the flying. Ages 11, 9 and 4. Even the 4 yr old does very well handling it. We were at a middle school on a football field with a large parking lot attached. There wasn't much to interfere.
> Tracking is amazing. The kids were on bicycles and the drone followed them without a problem.

I'm looking forward to editing some video and photos to make a short movie. It's going to take a lot of practice to get better at controlling it and the camera.
Learning all this is as much fun as flying.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Sounds amazing!! I got mine yesterday from Empire drone too but I'm grounded since my tablet and phone don't work with the fly app. Might be a bit before I get one but it's nice to hear your fun!

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome to our forum, Electromen, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas.

Congrats! Looks like you're getting off to a great start. A couple of suggestions: 1) Practice using "Find My Drone". You probably will crash and lose your drone. It's best to not wait until that happens to know how to retrieve it; 2) You might invest in Variable ND filters--much easier to use than those that came with your Fly More kit.

We have a lot of Pittsburghers among our 100,000+ membership. You might enjoy hooking up with some of them and doing some flyin'! The rest of us will be here to answer your questions when they pop up.

Glad to have you as a member!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku