DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Experience With DJI Drone Service

fuzzball

Reactions
Based on the number of views the video got, I'm sure many on here remember my somewhat controversial thread:

With just minor damage I figured I'd try DJI Drone Service for the repairs. I wanted to make sure the drone was gone over by someone that could assure me it was safe to get back in the air.

The entire process was very seamless. Filled out the online form and had my FedEx shipping label back within an hour. Sent the drone off the next day and was promptly notified by email when they received it. From that point on you could follow their progress step by step on the website. Once they looked it over I received an email with a repair estimate. I could either take it or not and they would send the drone back for free. With 3 damaged legs I chose to let them fix it. It also had a cracked camera lens cover that they replaced for free. Thanks guys!

The only issue was that I shipped my controller with the joystick handles screwed in. I did not receive those back yet but they promised to send a set. As far as packing the drone for shipping I'd rate it a 7 out of 10. The drone was completely wrapped in bubble wrap but there wasn't really enough packing around that to keep the drone from sliding around in the box. That could be a big problem as you will see at the bottom of this post the link to the video of my security cameras as the FedEx driver "delivered" the drone. Ouch! Overall great experience. Drone fixed and they did a test flight as well before returning it to me.

Here's some related documentation and links. Thanks for nothing FedEx!!

packing (2).jpgpacking (1).jpgBilling.png

Last edited:
same service as I got....great until the return packing....my gimbal cover was off and floating loosely in the box. One tiny bit of bubble wrpa and one piece of tape...I lodged a post on DJI forum and they acknowledged me as I wanted cover if my gimbal played up in the fiture

Reactions: fuzzball
You should get FedEx attention on that “delivery”. Yes, I am sure that alot of their drivers are stressed, but that was just moronic.

One can’t help to wonder how many items that guy have destroyed while throwing packages like that.

Tough little guys the Mavic series, but I can easily see that either a gyro or a accelerometer could be stuck up from this sort of handling.

When I got a replacement from DJI, I got it packed in a retail box (did not send one in)

The only issue was that I shipped my controller with the joystick handles screwed in. I did not receive those back yet but they promised to send a set. As far as packing the drone for shipping I'd rate it a 7 out of 10. The drone was completely wrapped in bubble wrap but there wasn't really enough packing around that to keep the drone from sliding around in the box. That could be a big problem as you will see at the bottom of this post the link to the video
You should follow up with FedEx. There was no excuse for the box being thrown no matter how rushed the driver felt. Discipline is in order for the driver. If he's been disciplined previously, termination is in order. You should give FedEx permission to use your videos for training.

You should follow up with FedEx. There was no excuse for the box being thrown no matter how rushed the driver felt. Discipline is in order for the driver. If he's been disciplined previously, termination is in order. You should give FedEx permission to use your videos for training.
Send it in to your local news organization. I bet fed ex will take notice then...

Reactions: Flygmaskin
same service as I got....great until the return packing....my gimbal cover was off and floating loosely in the box. One tiny bit of bubble wrpa and one piece of tape...I lodged a post on DJI forum and they acknowledged me as I wanted cover if my gimbal played up in the fiture

Thanks for the info. What DJI Forum did you post to? If I'm not mistaken, DJI Drone Service isn't associated with DJI at all other than being a certified repair facility.

You should get FedEx attention on that “delivery”. Yes, I am sure that alot of their drivers are stressed, but that was just moronic.

One can’t help to wonder how many items that guy have destroyed while throwing packages like that.

Tough little guys the Mavic series, but I can easily see that either a gyro or a accelerometer could be stuck up from this sort of handling.

When I got a replacement from DJI, I got it packed in a retail box (did not send one in)

FedEx will definitely be notified. Finally flew the drone today for the first time. Seems fine so far but no telling what sort if issues it may eventually have due to the packing and delivery. It'll be hard to trust it the way I used to.

Great idea! I'll let them know on the training video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato