DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 MY FIRST DRONE CRASH IN FUENGIROLA SKATEPARK 4K HDR

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!

Hard lesson. Hope your drone is OK.

This emphasizes the need to use VLOS and preflight area evaluation.

You did a great job.......right up until you crashed. ;) Sideways flight kills more drones than any other mode.

Reactions: sikspy and Thomas B
You did a great job.......right up until you crashed. ;) Sideways flight kills more drones than any other mode.
...and those sneaky trees.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!

Hard lesson. Hope your drone is OK.

This emphasizes the need to use VLOS and preflight area evaluation.

Thanks so much! Yes the drone luckily manages very well just replace 2 propellers then it was ready again!

Yes it felt really good and is starting to get the technology so everything looks soft and nice.

...and those sneaky trees.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, everyone knows that trees are evil

When driving a car you mostly look forward with a bit of side sight.
When flying a drone with side capture you must look in the direction the drone is flying.
Feel sorry for you M8, but we have all learned by our mistakes until we make another one.
Great musical effects with a dramatic finale'.

Nice filming Carl. That skate park has trees all around it, so it’s a very tough location to film. Especially when you’re manually tracking a rollerblader, which involves watching the screen closely (to keep them in shot) and frequently changing your drone direction and position.

Drones just don’t have enough peripheral vision. Great video right up to the crash. Hope there’s not too much damage.

Reactions: TerryToast
Bummer, I hope your aircraft wasn’t too badly damaged

I was lucky there were only two propellers and some superficial damage
WATCH OUT FOR THAT......tree........

Good video, too bad about that tree.

Haahaha Thanks!

When driving a car you mostly look forward with a bit of side sight.
When flying a drone with side capture you must look in the direction the drone is flying.
Feel sorry for you M8, but we have all learned by our mistakes until we make another one.
Great musical effects with a dramatic finale'.

Thank you so much I am fairly new to both fly drones and video editing. Maybe just the flight about 10 hours with the drone and held for a few hours with adobe preimier pro

Yes I have learned a lesson from this and should not have too good self-confidence with my drone always!

Nice filming Carl. That skate park has trees all around it, so it’s a very tough location to film. Especially when you’re manually tracking a rollerblader, which involves watching the screen closely (to keep them in shot) and frequently changing your drone direction and position.

Yes, I took some water over my head trying to film this. But you have to challenge yourself and yourself and push yourself to get better. But should be more careful in the future

Drones just don’t have enough peripheral vision. Great video right up to the crash. Hope there’s not too much damage.

Thanks!

Reactions: Barbara
Everyone says to be a good drone pilot you must a couple of times and this is my first crash! Tried to make a smooth video of Stephanie Midhammar rollerblading at our local skatepark.
Hi Stolt,
oh sh.... That was a "Hollywood-style" crash o_O Until the crash happends the video is very well done!
Drone flyiers are felt always surrounded by trees, even when there are ony a few;)
Here is my crash, not as bad as your´s! Was you´r drohne damaged after the crash?

Hi Stolt,
oh sh.... That was a "Hollywood-style" crash o_O Until the crash happends the video is very well done!
Drone flyiers are felt always surrounded by trees, even when there are ony a few;)
Here is my crash, not as bad as your´s! Was you´r drohne damaged after the crash?

I was lucky just 2 proppelers.

Nice video otherwise buddy! Glad your drone wasn't too badly damaged. It only takes a wee second of not looking and "it" happens. I've had a couple of close calls so far but no crashes yet.... i shouldn't have just said that shouldn't i? I'll post "when" i have my 1st... o_O

I will go back to Spain in a few days and will try to film nature and the mountains
Maybe you go to the desierto de Tabernas? It´s about 300km from Marbella. I once were there. It´s absolutely fantastic...But unfortnately I could make any drone shots:( Well my visite was 25 years ago!

Maybe you go to the desierto de Tabernas? It´s about 300km from Marbella. I once were there. It´s absolutely fantastic...But unfortnately I could make any drone shots:( Well my visite was 25 years ago!

Sounds interesting should take a look at it. I'm back in Spain now and have filmed a bit so a new video will come soon =)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580