DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My first edited video - I am soooo shame...

Peshoa

Reactions
Editing video and especially synchronizing the music with the important frames is not so hard, but have to learn how to do it. I am using Filmora. In the beginning I tried to edit the videos without using proxy video files. The PC is not able to play smoothly the new project.And of course it was impossible to synchronize the music and the frames. And I did not realizing yet that the fast moving of the drone and the camera is the worst thing what you can do when filming. The beginning is terrible. I wanted to insert as much is possible frames and the final result is chaotic frames changes. OK, no one is born educated. In this video you will understand what I mean. After I discovered that proxy files gaves me really smooth playing of the project...oooh..this was game change. Thanks to the great place still this video is not so bad...again - full screen, heat phones and max volume is must to...

Last edited:
You seem critical of your work...I think you did a great job on all counts.....the scenery is spectacular, the music is very well matched,,,the quality of the video is nice and smooth...those colorful flowers at the end are a very nice finish...I wish I could do so well

Nicely done, however I would only use that rotating cube transition a few times. Mostly keep hard cuts or quick dissolves as you scene changers. Very nice choice of music. Well done for a newbee. Very good flying control, by the way.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Everyone has their own personal taste. For me, I would reduce the frequency of the tansitions.

I agree with my fellow pilots. Your flying - great! Music choice - excellent! For me, your choice of transistion had two effects - 1) it made me wonder what was coming next. 2) it seemed a bit distracting. There's no doubt here the area you flew in is very scenic. You had a variety of things, peaks, water, people, hyperlapse of the clouds. For your first edited video, give up you a Thumbswayup. We all start @ the beginning! If we don't start, we can't move forward. So, keep moving, keep flying, keep shooting!

I edit with Adobe Premier Pro (may be the same with your editor) and in the timeline, you can SEE the changes in the music. The que-points are apparent once you play through a couple of times - watching the music track for the peaks (I placed red arrows in photo).
BTW: This timeline created the attached video.
You can see on the timeline where the video (right after the big house) goes black, then bangs back in with the hilltop cross on the audio que.
Also, the 2nd audio track is the sound effects; ocean, gulls, party, crows, etc. Click image to enlarge.

Attachments

• que-points.jpg
    que-points.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
You should be happy with that and if you were to swap out the cube transitions for something smoother like dissolving or fading to match the mood of the music it would be even better.
Keep going, you are doing better than me.

Wow, thank you guys for your comments, I didn't expect them. Proxy video files are the decision. In this video the synchronization between frames and the the music are far better because of them...

I agree, you nailed it. Others may have more constructive comment but as for me, it's a bit like a nice bottle of wine....may not be top shelf but I know what I like. I imagine Peshoa, that you have a few in your cellar.
Keep mixing and blending and create a rakia like production LOL

The Drone footage is so good , there is not need for the cheesy transitions , there dated .. Try to use your Drone Footage as the Cut from One transition to another and be Conscious as your flying What would make a nice cut from one scene to another.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the storm.
C0003.00_07_41_18.Still013-1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU