DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first flight in the Mavic Air 2 - Mount Lofty - South Australia

Mavic_Claire

Reactions
Was pretty nervous since there was a lot of low cloud and I wanted to stay under it. The Mount Lofty Summit was in and out of cloud for about 30 minutes, so I loitered in the nearby vicinity and got some amazing video of the Piccadilly Valley which is adjacent to the summit.

The video turned out pretty nice -I added some royalty free music and basic scene dissolves, but I need to do something about the panning - it is far from cinematic and way too jerky. Next time ?

Anyway - here is Wings over Lofty - 16th August, 2020

Some great footage, don't worry smother slower movement come with practice.
Constructive criticism.
You could have edited out some of the iffy movement and still had enough content.

Nice video, you can slow down the panning by adjusting your "YAW" controls to slow it down and dampen the end stops

Was pretty nervous since there was a lot of low cloud and I wanted to stay under it. The Mount Lofty Summit was in and out of cloud for about 30 minutes, so I loitered in the nearby vicinity and got some amazing video of the Piccadilly Valley which is adjacent to the summit.

The video turned out pretty nice -I added some royalty free music and basic scene dissolves, but I need to do something about the panning - it is far from cinematic and way too jerky. Next time ?

very nice

Reactions: Mavic_Claire
Nice video, you can slow down the panning by adjusting your "YAW" controls to slow it down and dampen the end stops

Thanks you for that - still learning this awesome craft!! Will experiment some more. I also seem to think backwards when it comes to tilting down and up. It looks terrible when you go one way and then have to quickly go the other way :)

Thanks you for that - still learning this awesome craft!! Will experiment some more. I also seem to think backwards when it comes to tilting down and up. It looks terrible when you go one way and then have to quickly go the other way :)if it looks terrible just edit that part out

Did You use Quickshots?

Well done neighbour, Claire!
Know the area well (would like $1 for everytime I have travelled through those Heysen tunnels).
Great 1st effort...would have taken nerves of steel (as it can be quite windy up there overlooking Adelaide).
Looking forward to your next adventure (Mt Barker Summit would be a beauty).
Safe flying

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura