DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 My First M3 Hyperlapse. 5 second video

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
To those of you who know my story with the M2Pro, I have been trying for 3 years to get a stable, non wobbly hyperlapse. Never happened for me!

This morning, after finally finishing my marathon 32 minute video on Chile I took my new Mavic 3 pro to the park and just used the auto settings, 2 second exposure, 125 frames. No color correction. Processed in LRTimelapse 5.8. This drone is as stable as a rock in the sky.

Testing my new Mavic 3 drone on hyperlapse.
Settings:
Auto mode hyperlapse interval 2 seconds, 125 frames. No added color correction. Processed in LRTimelapse 5
https://vimeo.com/711793696

Last edited:
You have Mercalli, right? I wonder how stable that makes it.
I do have Mercalli- you must have an amazing memory! I didn't use any stabilization or anything on this. This is right out of the SD card with nothing done but uploaded to Premiere an outputted to Vimeo. I did not even stabilize with Warp Stabilization. Next test will be a 20-25 minute sunset when the weather permits. I have the drone charged and ready to runout to my driveway and put the time on 20 or so minutes. Of course it will need to be un-windy. The M3 image is astounding to me too.

Dale
Miami

That was a lot more stable right out of the SD card than your M2P hyperlapses. That is the normal wobble right off the card and can be stabilized easily. Looks like you'll have plenty of great hyperlapses coming soon and with the extended battery of the M3, the sky is the limit.

thanks- I think so too! So last night while my wife was making dinner, I went out to the driveway and did two more hyper lapses of the sunset. These came out great. I had to stabilize but they are smooth. I am submitting the film tonight for tomorrow's forum

Reactions: Capt KO
That was super lovely @Dale D . Now imagine using every 2 seconds a shot unlimited in RAW and stabilizing in LRTimelaps the outcome.

I am glad you finally took the time to play with your M3. You are going to love that drone.

That was super lovely @Dale D . Now imagine using every 2 seconds a shot unlimited in RAW and stabilizing in LRTimelaps the outcome.

I am glad you finally took the time to play with your M3. You are going to love that drone.
I'm glad to be finished with the Chile video. It took 30 days, 8 hours at the computer a day! I was excited to get back to learning about the M3. Last night I did some more filming. I am going to publish it to the forum after 6 pm for Saturday release but it is here it is now for you. I did two more hyper lapses, 2 second intervals, one 30 shots, and one 15 shots. I stabilized them in warp, and also tried out the telephoto lens. I was actually able to shoot downtown from my house which is 12.2 miles! (see map). Neither video would have shown the foreground which was opened up easily in the new Adobe masking. The original video , generated from the drone, was useless. The foreground was all black with no details. But in LR Timelapse, I used the linear adjustment tool inside masking and made the foreground visible. I also did the sky adjustment with the mask. Love that tool! Here is the 35 second video I will put on Mavic Pilots Forum.

Reactions: JamieK
I'm glad to be finished with the Chile video. It took 30 days, 8 hours at the computer a day! I was excited to get back to learning about the M3. Last night I did some more filming. I am going to publish it to the forum after 6 pm for Saturday release but it is here it is now for you. I did two more hyper lapses, 2 second intervals, one 30 shots, and one 15 shots. I stabilized them in warp, and also tried out the telephoto lens. I was actually able to shoot downtown from my house which is 12.2 miles! (see map). Neither video would have shown the foreground which was opened up easily in the new Adobe masking. The original video , generated from the drone, was useless. The foreground was all black with no details. But in LR Timelapse, I used the linear adjustment tool inside masking and made the foreground visible. I also did the sky adjustment with the mask. Love that tool! Here is the 35 second video I will put on Mavic Pilots Forum.
The last part of the video uff... amazing.
I can not wait to have the SDK for the Mavic 3 to create automatic flights with waypoints for Hyperlaps. Imagine being able to shoot the exact same position at different times of the day or days or months with the M3 for hyperlaps.

The last part of the video uff... amazing.
I can not wait to have the SDK for the Mavic 3 to create automatic flights with waypoints for Hyperlaps. Imagine being able to shoot the exact same position at different times of the day or days or months with the M3 for hyperlaps.
Glad you liked it. I wasn't sure of the warp stabilization settings. Couldn't find the settings paper I wrote down when I visited you. This video was the default settings.

Reactions: zeusfl
I will screenshot the settings for you tonight !!

To those of you who know my story with the M2Pro, I have been trying for 3 years to get a stable, non wobbly hyperlapse. Never happened for me!

This morning, after finally finishing my marathon 32 minute video on Chile I took my new Mavic 3 pro to the park and just used the auto settings, 2 second exposure, 125 frames. No color correction. Processed in LRTimelapse 5.8. This drone is as stable as a rock in the sky.

Testing my new Mavic 3 drone on hyperlapse.
Settings:
Auto mode hyperlapse interval 2 seconds, 125 frames. No added color correction. Processed in LRTimelapse 5
https://vimeo.com/711793696
Hi Dale, I tried my first hyperlapse with my M2Z, not sure why I waited so long. I did the first at 2s and 5s length with 125 frames. It put it together with a 5s video. I tried a 10s video with 250 frames and waited for the voice to tell me video synthesized, but when I put it on my computer it loaded 250 single frames not the video. The total was just over 6GB, does the amount of frames or the total GBs make a difference in the ability to make the complete video, or did I leave something out?

Hi Dale, I tried my first hyperlapse with my M2Z, not sure why I waited so long. I did the first at 2s and 5s length with 125 frames. It put it together with a 5s video. I tried a 10s video with 250 frames and waited for the voice to tell me video synthesized, but when I put it on my computer it loaded 250 single frames not the video. The total was just over 6GB, does the amount of frames or the total GBs make a difference in the ability to make the complete video, or did I leave something out?
And that is what you want. I personally want the pictures in RAW instead of the drone to produce the video for me.
With the pictures, you will make the video. Depending on how fancy or serious you want the timelapse there are different steps.

For a simple one, you can just import all the pictures into your favorite video editor and make the video with them.
In the video editor, you can edit the video for simple editing.

For a medium grade, you can edit the pictures in Lightroom, sync the pictures and then import the pictures to your Video editor and make the video.

For a Pro-grade, you can use LRTimelaps combined with Lightroom, Adobe After Effect if you want to disappear something for example, and your video editor.

And that is what you want. I personally want the pictures in RAW instead of the drone to produce the video for me.
With the pictures, you will make the video. Depending on how fancy or serious you want the timelapse there are different steps.

For a simple one, you can just import all the pictures into your favorite video editor and make the video with them.

For a medium grade, you can edit the pictures in Lightroom, sync the pictures and then import the pictures to your Video editor and make the video.

For a Pro-grade, you can use LRTimelaps combined with Lightroom, Adobe After Effect if you want to disappear something for example, and your video editor.
Thanks for the reply Dale. I just did another 5s video and it came out fine. As I looked on the computer the 10s video was there, and it was better than me clicking through 250 frames ha ha. Thanks again, some new things to learn.

I agree 1000% with ZeusFl.!! That its exactly what I would have said. The drone synthesized video is crap. I immediately dump it into the trash bucket. It's only better than nothing at all. In almost all cases that are not evenly lit (bright sun, dark foreground) such as sunrise and sunsets, the huge dynamic range will give you a nicely exposed sky and a dark to black foreground from which you cannot recover details in the shadows.

Rather, you WANT the RAW files. Follow Zeussfl's instructions above. Of course, I only use LRTimelapse which allows me to key frame the images and use the Adobe Masking Tool in Lightroom to bring the shadows out in the foregrounds. I believe that if you just open all of the RAW images in Lightroom and synch them, you will still get a dark foreground and will not be able to get a detailed foreground as the light changes.

Watch the gradual foreground lighting in this clip as the sun rises, done in LRTimelapse software. I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can.
Dale
Miami

Thanks zeusfl.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird